Performio (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Pacific Time Zone US
Each year sales reps around the world collectively earn over $300 billion in commissions for their efforts. Despite this scale, calculating, communicating, and reporting on commissions is a painful challenge for the majority of companies. Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software seeks to solve this problem, but the legacy ICM vendors have failed to deliver on their promises and businesses and sales teams remain frustrated with their sales comp programs.
Performio is a modern ICM company that is changing this story. Our product balances the flexibility that large companies need in a sales commission solution with the great user experience buyers have come to expect from software today. But software alone is not a silver bullet. We back up our product with a team of highly-motivated and engaged compensation experts with a clear set of values and behaviors. The market has responded favorably to our product and team. Today we are growing at over 75% annually and serve a global customer base across 25+ industries that includes many well-known companies like Abbott Labs, Toll Brothers, News Corp, Johnson & Johnson, and Vodafone
While our DNA is of a scrappy, bootstrapped startup – we are now a mature growth stage company, with a fresh round of capital from JMI Equity to accelerate our efforts to become the midmarket ICM leader. And this means heavy investment in product management to help support that growth. We are looking for an innovative and tenacious product leader to execute on the product vision and make Performio the ICM market leader. Someone who gets excited about building a team and innovating in an established category and positioning a company to win. The person chosen for this role will blend a creative and curious mind with a passion for iterating over product value and the discipline to execute to deliver that value to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Own product strategy and execution: As the Head of Product you will direct all of our product management efforts, be the custodian of the product vision, own the product roadmap, establish repeatable prioritization and planning processes, and will be part of our highly collaborative process in forging our overall strategy.
- Drive customer obsession: Deeply understand how customers are using our product and the full product lifecycle, drive the empathy for all customer personas, and build the culture of customer value in partnership with Design.
- Grow market intelligence: Identify, quantify and prioritize strategic market opportunities; own quantitative product research, use data analytics to gather insights on how the products are used; discover issues and opportunities.
- Set commercial product strategy: Define pricing, value proposition, and competitive positioning, work with Marketing to develop strategic marketing plans
- Build a world-class, global team: Attract and retain top product talent, be an empathetic servant leader, build an optimal organization to balance market focused and execution priorities.
- Roll up your sleeves: Actively participate in product development in partnership with other leaders. You will lead some of the initiatives and will be expected to contribute and collaborate with Design, Engineering and other executives on a broad range of projects and initiatives.
- Manage product innovation: Drive continuous prototyping and innovation cycles to validate value, usability, feasibility and viability for all product initiatives, drive bias toward pragmatic solutions, lead by example and roll up the sleeves to own key areas of the product.
- Lead effective collaboration: Maintain product focused culture across the company, align all teams to focus on initiatives with most impact, lead technical collaboration with Engineering, manage stakeholder view of the product evolution, engage with Sales, CS and Services to ensure that they have effective product knowledge and contribute product direction.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management
- 7+ yrs of success at a growth-stage B2B SaaS applications
- 3+ yrs of success in a Director / VP of Product role at B2B SaaS company
- Demonstrated excellence in product management – building enterprise and/or mid-market data-heavy applications.
- Mix of startup and large company experience – we are looking for leaders who have run products at scale and have built products and teams from ground zero. We are looking for folks who have taken their products and companies from $0 to $10M in revenue and managed products with $100Ms in revenue.
- Creative and engaging communicator – you love the challenge of breaking down complex concepts and ideas and communicating them to different audiences.
- Intelligent – sales compensation is complicated and complex. Our users, buyers and the Performio team are smart, so we need to be too.
- Strong leadership skills – you have a proven ability to attract, retain, develop, and lead A-level talent that values results over activity.
- A collaborator – you have demonstrated success in working as a close partner with sales, marketing, customer success, and services organizations.
We’re fast-growing, but still small enough for everyone to make a big impact (and have face time with the CEO). We genuinely care for our customers and we are passionate about solving our customers’ sales compensation challenges. Led by a strong set of company values, we play to win and are incentivized to succeed through our employee equity plan.
We’ve adapted well to the work from home lifestyle, and encourage flexible working arrangements. Some of our staff work full time from home, while others prefer working from one of our offices, or a combination of home and office.
Our values speak strongly to who we really are. They mean a lot to us, and we use them every day to make decisions, and of course to hire great people!
- Play to win – we focus on results, have a bias to action and finish what we start
- Paint a clear picture – we’re clear, concise and communicate appropriately
- Be curious – we surface alternative solutions and consistently expand our knowledge
- Work as one – we all pitch in but also hold each other to account
- Do the right thing – we put what’s right for our customers over our own ego
What You Will Receive:
Performio offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. You will receive an annual salary that is between the middle and high end of the market depending on your experience. You will also receive the following company benefits:
- Equity plan – all employees are also owners
- Unlimited paid vacation & paid company holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k) program, company contributes 3% of your salary annually regardless of what you put in
- Laptop, mouse, keyboard, and monitor
- WeWork membership
- Free parking (at Irvine headquarters)
Don’t check every box in our job description? That’s ok! As the Harvard Business Review points out, research conducted by Hewlett Packard shows that men typically apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, while women and those from marginalized groups tend to only apply when they feel they meet 100%. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed in the job description, please still reach out. We’d love to have a conversation to see if you could be a great fit!