Stratenym (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Stratenym is a boutique consulting firm that develops medical communications for the pharmaceutical industry, with a strong focus on helping treatments for rare diseases achieve market access. With decades of combined experience disseminating clear and meaningful information to internal and external audiences, we are experts at distilling product data into a compelling narrative, while maintaining scientific accuracy.
As our ideal candidate, you will be motivated by the knowledge that you are making a difference to people who need access to treatments for rare and underserved diseases. Your excellent communication skills will directly contribute to improving patient access to innovative therapies. You will collaborate with an elite network of clients and experts, and you will gain access to a wide range of challenging opportunities that will strengthen your expertise in market access and reimbursement.
Our work is vitally important and we’re looking for exceptional individuals who can help us grow our organization. We offer a generous compensation and benefit package. You’ll work remotely and enjoy the resulting flexibility and quality of life.
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Medical Writer to join our team.
This job requires a high degree of specialized knowledge, expertise, and writing skill to maintain established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results are necessary for successful performance. Quality must never be compromised even when the pace of work is faster than average. The position requires strong problem-solving skills and ingenuity while working within established standards and guidelines, along with demonstration of integrity, quality, and professionalism at all times. The position is a perfect opportunity for a critical thinker who works well under pressure while consistently delivering high-quality work.
The job responsibilities involve working on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to accepted quality standards, policies, and procedures. Specific tasks include:
- Researching, writing, and referencing product-specific documents for the pharmaceutical industry—examples of documents include: clinical summaries, reimbursement submissions, value stories and dossiers, manuscripts, conference abstracts and posters/presentations, and health-economic model technical reports
- Leading projects from start to finish, interacting confidently with clients, and providing strategic guidance when needed
- Independently managing time to meet deadlines while being available for web-based meetings during working hours
- Adhering to a predetermined budget and identifying out-of-scope requests in a timely manner
- Accurately and consistently implementing editor, client, and management feedback
- Working autonomously and collaborating remotely within a team environment
- Advanced or professional degree (MSc, PhD, PharmD, MD) in a scientific/medical discipline or equivalent academic/vocational training
- Prior experience in either the pharmaceutical/CRO industry or a government agency
- Demonstrated track record of success in a medical writing role
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Expert user of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and reference management software (such as EndNote)
- Familiarity with common biomedical terminology
- Confident and professional demeanour; comfort interacting with senior pharmaceutical company executives
- Strong quantitative skills, with a deep understanding of how to report statistical analyses of clinical-trial and epidemiologic data
- Familiarity with principles and terminology of cost-effectiveness and budget-impact analyses
- Knowledge of AMA style, GPP3, and ICMJE guidelines