Phrase (11-50 Employees, 12% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Phrase is the translation management solution, enabling software developers around the world to localize software more efficiently.
At Memsource we help our customers go global. We provide a leading translation management system (Memsource) and software localization platform (Phrase), supporting 500+ languages, 50+ file types and covering the full range of enterprise localization use cases. With a global team working from our offices or from home across Europe, the US, the UK, and Japan, we serve thousands of global customers, including leading brands such as Uber, Bosch, Lufthansa, Supercell, Vistaprint, and Zendesk.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager (all genders) to provide support to our German team at all employment life cycle stages.You will also have the opportunity to grow further into international HR management by supporting our international entities. We are looking for a winning personality, ready to roll up their sleeves, who identifies as HR advisor for managers and ambassador for great employee experience. This position should be based in Germany and can be performed fully remote. In case you live in the Hamburg area, you can also make use of our office.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Be the first point of contact for employees and managers and provide support at all employment life cycle stages
- Besides being the HR expert for our German team, you will also get involved in our company expansion by supporting teams and entities in other locations (e.g. Japan and UK)
- Preparation of monthly payroll for the German team ensuring correct data is transferred to our external payroll providers, payslips are uploaded, and payment is triggered
- Manage our personnel files and maintain our HRIS (we use Personio) keeping employee data and documents up to date
- Employment contract creation and adjustments
- Administer and manage employee perks and benefits
- Prepare HR and legal documentation such as certificates, reference letters, etc.
- Manage and improve offboarding processes of team members
- Create a great work environment by getting involved in organizing team events and social activities
- Take additional responsibilities in HR projects such as becoming an HRIS expert, migrating existing teams to Personio, or creating new policies and HR practices
- Report to VP Human Resources and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
What you need
- You have already gained experience in a similar HR position within an international environment
- You have excellent time-management skills and are highly attentive to details
- You convince with your positivity and openness in interpersonal relationships at all level
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You communicate on a native level in German and are fluent in English
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- You are familiar with using an HRIS, experience with Personio is a plus
- Past experience in a dynamic growth environment
What you’ll get
- Work experience in a successful and growing global SaaS company
- Be part of an international team of 190+ in Europe, Japan & the Americas
- Expert colleagues in their field and determined to build the best localization platform on the market
- An agile work environment, where it is encouraged to take smart risks
- The chance to take responsibility in your role and proactively shape how things are done
- Take part in a culture full of trust, support and loyalty, where respectful and open feedback is valued
- A positive, open-minded, and innovative atmosphere
- You will enjoy work-life balance with flexible working hours and remote work
- Support in your professional development and personal career goals
What’s on top
- Modern technical setup and latest software
- Professional and extensive onboarding
- Further education through online language classes, conferences, and more
- Regular team events to connect socially
- Centrally located office in the heart of Prague or Hamburg
- At the office: Coffee, cold drinks, healthy snacks, bicycle stand etc.
We look forward to meeting you!