MetLife (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Apply now »
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2022
Remote, US, 0
Role Value Proposition
The HR Policy Governance Director will support the US and LATAM, the position will be a key member of the Employee Relations Leadership Team. This role will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of key HR policies. Working with HR COE and Employment Law teams, the HR Policy Governance Director will ensure significant HR policy decisions align to enterprise strategy. This role will work with regional and local HR/ER teams to establish a HR policy inventory and review process.
- Lead the HR Policy Governance Committee to monitor implementation of new HR (US & LATAM policies/proposed changes and to track implications of emerging policy trends and topics
- Present significant recommendations for policy or program changes to HR Governance and HRLT for approval (if applicable)
- Assess HR Risks associated with HR policies and ER practices from Legal and HR Compliance perspective
- Consults, advises, and provides best practice solutions to ER peers, HR Business Partners and business management on interpretation and implementation of company policies and programs.
- Conduct regular review of all ER policies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, government regulations, other internal processes /practices and external benchmarking best practices.
- Responsible for responding to external benchmarking surveys involving ER programs/initiatives that support employer of choice designations. Present analysis, findings, and response recommendations to management.
- Serve as a custodian of key HR policies
- Strategize and assists with content developments or changes to ER policy and programs which may include updates to process and practice. Responsible for written and verbal communications, policy writing, training materials and/or presentation facilitation as assigned
- Leads or assist in projects representing Employee Relations, including but not limited to working on enterprise-wide project teams with internal partners
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 15+ years of practical experience in managing ER/HR policies
- Extensive knowledge in HR-related laws, especially well versed in employment laws, data privacy laws, and equal opportunities laws
- Sufficient knowledge in legal language, and capable of understanding and precisely interpreting HR related laws for management decision
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
Residents of Colorado:
The wage range for this position specific to Colorado is ($103,000 to $137,300). The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the MetLife Annual Variable Incentive Plan (“AVIP”). Your eligibility for and award of incentives are governed by the terms of the plan. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes Medical, Dental, Life, Vision plus Retirement benefits and Paid Time Off.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020,we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 127430