Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Amazon, we are striving to be Earth’s Best Employer and to get there we need exceptionally talented, bright, and creative people. Our Human Resources organization, in partnership with AWS Sales & Marketing, is embarking on a new adventure to recognize our exceptional talent. Employee recognition and rewards are critical components in our commitment to empower our teams and appreciate our employee’s successes. We are seeking a strong program management leader with excellent project management skills who can think big, lead end to end process execution, cultivate collaborative relationships, and execute on a major recognition initiative across our global business. This Program Manager role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides programmatic leadership to a matrixed team that will build a culture of recognition, launch and maintain a new recognition system via the OC Tanner platform that aligns performance to our leadership principles.
We are looking for a high energy individual with a background of successfully leading the implementation and administration of a new recognition system aimed at rewarding behaviors that support a high-performance culture. Ideal candidates will be well-versed in program, project and organizational change management, able to build trust easily with employees at all levels, collaborate and communicate effectively with peers, and comfortable working in a rapidly changing, complex work environment. In this role, you will reinforce the project’s objectives and organizational goals, be the liaison between OC Tanner and Amazon, create and manage project plans for various workstreams, and measure, track and report project deliverables across a matrixed and rapidly growing business. You will lead several teams of internal stakeholders as the program launches across several geographies, managing both short- and long- term program planning, followed by gathering feedback on system effectiveness and looking around corners for future improvements. This is a great opportunity to be a true owner of a new and exciting program that will positively influence tens of thousands of employees across AWS.
Key job responsibilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and facilitate senior level discussions and decisions;
• Strong commitment to nurturing a recognition culture, including willingness to recommend new approaches and procedures to enable continuous improvement;
• Ability to find a path forward in difficult situations while working under general direction, seeking direction only as needed;
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the organization and look around corners to identify issues and obstacles as well as to develop risk mitigation plans;
• Experience working effectively within a rapidly changing and complex work environment;
• Enthusiasm working as a team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment;
• A strong solution focus and effectiveness working within an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solution;
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a bias for action orientated on results;
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement;
• Ability to track and monitor progress, define key performance indicators or success metrics by program, and report on status against program objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in business, HR or related field
• 3+ years of Project Management experience, preferably in the recognition space
• 3+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 3+ years of experience with compensation-related programs, including reward programs
• Experience successfully driving projects across teams of global stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in change management related to technology/IT program implementation
• Experience working with third party vendors to manage employee reward programs
• Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications
• Proven results in implementing changes for a variety of global teams
• Strong record of focus on details and demonstrates sense of urgency to meet goals
• Enthusiasm for networking across all levels of the organization and geographies
• Demonstrated discretion with handling confidential data/ information
• Strong bias for action and “gets stuff done” attitude
• Experience working with OC Tanner and their recognition platform
• Knowledge and understanding of global compensation practices, particularly related to employee rewards programs;
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.