Amazon (501+ Employees, 116% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Amazon’s People eXperience and Technology (PXT) Strategic Programs team is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and flexible HR Specialist II to join our Associate and Candidate Experience (ACE) Escalations team. ACE Escalations team aspires to make every Tier 1 associate and candidate’s hiring experience frictionless and defect free. This role is responsible for conducting end to end investigations, seeking speedy resolution with the claimant, and identifying opportunities to improve organization wide processes to mitigate future defects.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, exceptional ability to influence, organizational expertise, exceptional root cause analyses skills, and strong verbal/written communication skills. You are self-motivated, solutions-oriented, and comfortable with ambiguity.
You must be able to:
- Investigate highly sensitive human resources issues, including: working cross-functionally with stakeholders at all levels to conduct root cause analyses and identifying corrective actions to mitigate future defects
- Independently manage casework, bringing investigations to closure rapidly and definitively
- Manage difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Influence without authority to drive process improvements that align with organizational goals
- Provide leadership, expertise, and guidance on the escalations process and best practices in root cause analyses to escalation stakeholders and field teams
- Be comfortable presenting ideas to senior level stakeholders, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
This is an individual contributor (IC) role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional or military experience
- 3+ years of experience in human resources or program/project management
- Experience working in a corporate investigation role
- Master’s degree in business or human resources
- Passion and enthusiasm for customer experience, technology, and Amazon’s vision
- Comfort learning new tools and technology concepts quickly
- Strong organizational and communication skills and team-oriented philosophy
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Ability to push back, foresee potential issues, and advocate for relentless improvement
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management experience, and strong attention to detail
- Proven success delivering a large volume of results on time with minimal direction
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $64,300 – 112,500 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.