Enigma (51-200 Employees, 35% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Enigma, we believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. Enigma provides the most comprehensive data about the identity and financial health of nearly every U.S. small business.
There is a large ecosystem of data platforms and channel partners that would benefit from our data, and this vertical is a key pillar of Enigma’s current and future growth. We are looking to hire a business development professional to accelerate our development of new partnerships and channels.
You will partner with our Director of Data Partnerships to grow Enigma’s relationship with partners and channels. You will analyze the potential partners ecosystem to determine the most impactful partnerships for Enigma to focus on. Enigma partners use our data to enhance their products, build new products, or resell in their data solutions. You will get to know potential partners deeply and collaborate with them to determine partnership potential, and then structure and negotiate partnership deals. You will also continue to work with partners and channels to grow adoption of Enigma’s product.
What Makes this Job Interesting?
- Product: Enigma’s product is unique and differentiated in the market without strong competitive pressures.
- Market-Changing Technology: Enigma is changing the way underwriting, risk monitoring and marketing is done for small and medium businesses.
- Timing: you will be joining Enigma at a time of rapid revenue growth (over 100% revenue growth YOY)
- Collaboration: The Enigma team is highly collaborative and embraces team-based selling
We Are Looking for Someone Who Will:
- Take ownership of partnership sales cycle and employ established sales methodology
- Be a strategic and creative problem solver with acute sense of driving business opportunity with partners
- Manage a complex business development process with multiple solutions and decision makers
- Learn our data solutions inside and out and how they fit with Enigma partners
- Constantly strive for self improvement and growth
- Work closely with Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, Legal and Customer Success to maximize customer lifetime value
- Generate new opportunities that align strategically with Enigma’s long term growth and priorities
- Meet and exceed expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analysis and effectively coordinating resources to solve problems for customers and their users
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain CRM and internal systems
- Contribute to Enigma’s high performance community culture
- Bring a low-ego, collaborative mindset to our teams
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of Business Development or Partnerships experience
- 2+ years of sales experience with average contract size of $200k or experience closing partnership/strategic deals
- 2+ years experience in the financial services industry and/or an advanced technical degree or MBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience selling usage-based products/contracts
- Customer empathy, analytical rigor, and strategic thinking
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive –guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.