Vinovest (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Fine wine consistently outperforms the S&P 500. Vinovest makes wine investment easy.
Who we are
Vinovest helps investors get exposure to fine wine as an asset class. Having outperformed the S&P 500 over the last 30 years while being uncorrelated to traditional mainstream assets, fine wine has become a compelling hedge for any portfolio. With a team of industry leading experts and an advanced proprietary algorithm, Vinovest is revolutionizing how we invest in fine wine.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Institutional Wholesaler to help us drive growth and bring in new investors. This role will be 100% focused on targeting institutional investors, family offices, and investment firms in North America & Europe. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in business development/sales, prospecting, qualifying leads, and negotiation. Aggressively source new investors through outbound efforts in addition to some inbound requests. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales & the CEO.
What you will be doing
- Build a pipeline of potential investors through active outbound prospecting
- Research and acquire databases of high quality institutional & family office leads
- Prioritize moving qualified opportunities forward and assist in closing deals
- Work with internal teams, such as our wine trading team & data team, to acquire information necessary to closing deals
- Ensure the handoff to portfolio management is done smoothly
- Attend trade shows, webinars, and conferences to network and find leads
- Respond to requests for information from investors
- Work with marketing & design team to develop presentations
- Attend weekly sales meetings to report on pipeline progress
- Utilize CRM to record sales activity
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to close business
What you need
- Posses 3 – 6+ years of relevant sales experience in asset management, private equity, investment banking, alternative asset management, or similar field.
- Experience in owning the entire client life cycle; from prospecting to closing & handoff
- Have a “hunter” mentality, not a “farmer” mentality
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- A deep understanding of large financial institutions and family offices
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business management, finance management, or similar degree.
- Financial certification such as; series 7, series 65, CFA, CFP, etc.
- A background in alternative assets
- Knowledge of investment grade wine
- You possess a rolodex of potential investors that you can utilize in the role