Color (501+ Employees, 296% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge – we want you to apply!
What we offer:
✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. Including employer HSA contributions.
Monthly lunch, phone, and wifi stipend for remote employees
Generous vacation policy, paid holidays, and company-wide recharge days
Monthly stipend to spend on your well being
Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
We are looking for an Investigations Counsel to help us scale Color’s Legal and Compliance teams. Reporting to the VP, Compliance, you will play a critical role in with your ability to manage complex and sensitive investigations in diversified operations within Color. You will lead investigative related task forces and special projects that represent reputational or legal risk and/or are highly visible. Provides consultation and guidance to line and senior management on investigative related issues. May direct activities of multiple senior investigators on complex investigations and manage personal performance relative to goals and objectives to ensure accuracy and timeliness in delivery of investigation results.
The Investigations Counsel will manage and resolve employee relations cases and executive escalations from the business. The Investigations Counsel interfaces and builds strong partnerships with the People Team, Color Leadership, and Legal, and others across the business as needed. The Investigations Counsel upholds Color’s risk management framework by ensuring that risks are identified, escalated, and addressed as appropriate. If you feel this is a good fit, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume!
How You'll Contribute:
- Personally investigate high risk and highly sensitive cases.
- Monitor incoming case volume on a daily basis to manage caseload.
- Consult with Compliance Officer, internal counsel, HR leaders, business leaders and partners on escalations with executive staff.
- Risk cases and executive escalations.
- Lead and/or participate in onsite investigations
- Proactively identify ways to prevent or reduce employee relations issues through the implementation of appropriate training.
- Additional controls, education, and/or processes
- Use sound judgment to mitigate risk and weigh the importance and validity of information to form fact-based conclusions and recommendations.
- Opinions, solve problems, and make formal recommendations
- Multi-task with ease while prioritizing the most urgent needs.
- Effectively influence key stakeholders including managers and control partners.
- Convey empathy, patience, and listening skills.
- Thoroughly and completely document cases, e.g., in case management program.
- Exemplify Color’s principles in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A Juris Doctor Degree and 5+ years of investigations experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with HR Employee Relations investigations.
- Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated expertise investigating issues such as code of conduct violations (especially in the healthcare context), discrimination, harassment, bullying, retaliation, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively manage integrated investigations working with Legal and Compliance.
- Information Security, Corporate Security, and other partners.
- Strong written and verbal communications in order to produce clear, concise case summaries, and executive updates.
- Ability to manage risk while ensuring optimal value and outcomes are achieved.
- Ability to manage multiple cases simultaneously and resolve in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize in the face of competing priorities, interruptions and distractions.
- High level of integrity and objectivity to ensure proper outcomes are obtained.
- Strong data presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint, other)
- Ability to work in Pacific Time hours.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.