Universal Tennis (51-200 Employees, 27% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events, and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visitwww.universaltennis.com.
The Company is Silicon Valley based, profitable, high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Ken Hao (Chairman, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Mark Leschly (CEO of Universal Tennis, Founder & Managing Partner of Iconica Partners, Managing Partner of Rho Capital Partners); Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
We’re looking for iOS engineers to join our team and work on exciting new initiatives in our new, highly rated iOS app! To excel in this role you should be willing to dive into any challenge, collaborate with peers and project stakeholders, and deliver high quality experiences to our growing user base.
In this role you will:
- Bring new and improved mobile first tennis experiences for both players and providers. Examples include leagues, group messaging, player monetization, gamification, rewards and more
- Use the latest technologies including SwiftUI and Combine
- Support new initiatives including collaborating with technical leads and product management to establish development plans and timelines and implement scalable and clean user experiences
- Architect, build and own end-to-end experience
- Have an opportunity to stretch into full stack development, contribute to the company roadmap, and mentor new engineers as the team grows
- Passionate iOS engineer with 2-5+ years experience. Familiarity with MVVM, SwiftUI, & Combine are a plus.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, client architecture, and debugging tools.
- Have a deep and up-to-date knowledge of iOS design principles and patterns.
- Authorization to work in the United States
Universal Tennis is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA but this position is fully remote, US-based. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and generous PTO. Our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Unlimited Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home