HyperScience (201-500 Employees, 243% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hyperscience is a technology company that develops AI-based enterprise software designed to automate office work processes.
Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world’s largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
We are seeking an experienced IT Compliance & Security Engineer to support the Security team in all aspects of our IT security and compliance process. This individual will be engaging various process owners in the design, evaluation, documentation and monitoring of the appropriate manual and automated IT controls in our computing environments, as well as interacting with external auditors. The Security Compliance Engineer plays a key role in ensuring that the company meets the requirements from a variety of regulation and compliance standards. (I.e. SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, etc).
It is essential that the IT Compliance & Security Engineer have experiences in IT compliance and operational audits, as well as prior hands-on IT experiences.
- Perform risk assessments to determine if the company’s information assets are protected from internal and external threats and are aligned with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct internal security audits and provide technical and business recommendations to process owners to remediate all findings and suggest improvement.
- Partner with various teams on automating manual security controls to achieve continuous complianceDrive continual processes improvement to ensure that the company maintains its security posture that meets audit requirements.
- Coordinate audit activities with process and control owners and external auditorsManage 3rd party vendor security assessments in collaboration with Legal and Security teams.
- Perform other IT security and assurances related tasks as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 5 years working full-time in information security assurance for a technology company or as an IT auditor with “Big Four”.
- Experiences conducting IT audits with various process owners based on various frameworks such as SOC Trust Service Criteria, ISO 27001 and 27002
- A breadth of experience in performing IT controls testing and developing recommendations based on confirmed observations.
- Knowledgeable in both qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methodologies
- Hands-on experiences in cloud technologies and security (AWS, Okta, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge in IT security frameworks and best practices, such as NIST-800 publications, CoBIT, CCM and Trust Principles and Criteria.
- Strong cross-functional team program management abilities, including managing multiple assessments concurrently with different stakeholders and timelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to “think-out-of-the-box”.Certifications (CISA, CISSP, SANS GIAC, etc.)
– Top notch healthcare for you and your family
– 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
– A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
– Stock Options
– Wellness stipend
– Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
– 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner’s unpaid leave)
– Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
– A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
– Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
– Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
– $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
– Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.