Salesloft (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote (US Eastern Time Zone preferred)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
Salesloft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on Salesloft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for Salesloft!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At Salesloft, our IT Systems Engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing IT team and will be instrumental in building new systems and solutions that enable Lofters to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for engineering systems that securely and effectively manage authentication and authorization of access to end user systems. Specifically, you will:
- Manage, administer, and scale our IAM system tech stack and related infrastructure
- You will work with stakeholders within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain and promote a variety of internally facing applications, including Okta, Google Workspace, and Slack
- Design, build, document and support ongoing automation in IAM system management
- Triage and support general IT issues as they arise and are escalated from the Helpdesk team
- Identify and implement improvements to our IT infrastructure and processes, including prioritizing automatable tasks
- Guide and mentor other team members to implement robust repeatable processes
- Help develop and enforce basic IT SOPs, policies, and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements through better IT automation and integration
- Apply leading edge knowledge and professional concepts to contribute to development of the company’s principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to build the IT solutions that help an incredible company scale. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a bias-towards-action, results-oriented, critical thinker and builder who is laser-focused on finding and fixing problems through technology. Specifically, you will work closely with stakeholders like our HR Tech team, Security team, PMO, and Helpdesk teams to learn where pain points exist and deliver solutions that meet end user needs.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more, then becoming an IT Systems Engineer is the career path for you!
Salesloft’s IT team comprises seasoned and up-and-coming IT professionals who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The IT team consists of results-oriented IT professionals who live to serve and enable others while also creating efficiencies and eliminating ambiguity within the company’s IT strategy.
They are also the epitome of our core values: Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 4+ years in managing an enterprise-ready Okta environment
- 1+ years in building no-code automations utilizing Okta Workflows
- Up to date knowledge about the latest tools and methods for managing these environments
- Expert understanding and knowledge of administering an IAM system tech stack in an enterprise environment: Okta (including Identity Engine, Workflows, Advanced Server Access, app integrations with SSO, SAML, SCIM), Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft 365, Workday HR-as-a-Master
- Understands the importance of documentation
- Always working to identify ways we can be more efficient to automate processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in stakeholder management
- You have experience using APIs to automate tasks
- Able to solve problems through familiar and new technologies
- Strong knowledge of technical project planning and management
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
- One or more relevant industry certifications (Okta Certified Professional, Okta Certified Administrator, Professional Google Workspace Administrator, Slack Certified Admin)
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Attend training with current members of the team and get to know important, relevant personnel throughout the business
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, and shadow current members of the IT team
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in various stakeholder departments throughout the company
- Become familiar with Salesloft’s internal technical environment and project planning methodology
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Act as a consultant, evaluating the effectiveness of the IT tech stack with a fresh set of eyes
- Be comfortable owning systems like Okta, Google Workspace, Slack
- Discover ways to improve processes and incorporate technology by building out a project road map outlining those improvements over the next six months
- Review performance OKRs with your manager
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Document the systems in your purview and train the Helpdesk team on processes for Tier 1 handling
- Conducting reviews with your stakeholders to outfit your roadmap with changes and improvements
- Begin automating manual processes to improve efficiency across IT owned systems
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Serve as the lead technical expert on Salesloft’s Okta, Google Workspace, and Slack platforms
- Collaborate with Jamf and Workday technical leads to build cross functional solutions
- Help create meaningful reporting and increasing actionable alert volume
- Complete a training course on your way to achieving another technical certification
- Building out business and financial cases for future technology we need to adopt to grow our tech stack
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of many cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
Salesloft embraces diversity and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.