Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Nav is searching for an experienced IT Help Desk Technician who will be able to resolve Help Desk Tickets and Access Requests, set up new hire accounts, build and ship both Mac and Windows laptops, keep up with the IT Team’s inventory, perform patch and update testing, and maintenance of office equipment and Nav Mountain Zoom conference rooms.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Providing onsite and remote support for Nav organization, responsible for troubleshooting and resolving end-user desktop problems, performance issues, computer and mobile device hardware and software, telephony, printers, network, and computer applications issues.
- Issues with browsers and plugins, break/fix and hardware repairs, software updates, and ongoing usability of desk/laptop, notebooks, tablets computers, network, scanners, displays, and interface devices, peripheral equipment, mobile devices, video and audio conferencing, and desktop applications and associated networking, and software products.
- Virus removal, malicious software removal.
- Work with vendor/supplier support contacts to resolve technical problems within established standards and guidelines.
- Perform preemptive A/V maintenance.
- First point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance. Able to assist users with account creation, usernames/passwords, accessing, and using IT systems and hardware, software, workspace setup, and perform upgrades, installation, configuration changes, and troubleshooting Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Able to create tickets and maintain accurate information of events/incidents and requests regarding end-user issues within Jira Help Desk according to policies and standards.
- Able to log information on network performance, hardware and software problems, computers, user requests, and project status in accordance with IT procedures, documenting the reported issue(s) and all-important details.
- Ensuring that all critical data on all computer systems are protected and recoverable in the event of a system failure by approved means.
- Managing and maintaining accurate IT inventory tracking of all computer hardware and software to ensure items are properly tagged and inventory is rechecked as required.
- Responding to customer calls, emails, Slack, and ticket issues via phone, email, and chat.
- Identifying and suggesting possible improvements to current procedures
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Good understanding/working knowledge of IT practices and principles to provide hands-on and remote assistance to customers as needed both onsite and in a distributed workforce.
- Proficient in desktop support and systems administration.
- A strong ability to perform professional end-user support via telephone, email, chat, conference, or web.
- Ability to prioritize many competing tasks and meet deadlines; deal effectively with conflict and capable of working under tight time constraints in a high-volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Familiarity and experience resolving issues with the following:
- Cross-platform OS install and update procedures (Windows, macOS, ChromeOS)
- Business productivity software, email, web browsing, security software
- Miscellaneous devices, cabling, memory, storage, add-on components
- Network connectivity and wireless access issues
- Update and patch deployment, virus removal, malicious software removal
- Google Suite, Jira, LucidChart, ManageEngine, Office 365, Okta, Slack, and Zoom
- Must be able to comply with all company guidelines, policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Mastery in a Help Desk, IT Specialist or IT Support role.
- IT Certification(s) such as the following:
- CompTIA A+, Network +, Security +
- HDI Customer Service Representative
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Microsoft IT Support
- Help Desk Professional
- AppleCare Mac Technician
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. 401k and HSA company match. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (Women’s, PRIDE, Culture, Geek). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Growth Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.