dotCMS (11-50 Employees, 79% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ThedotCMS is currently seeking a Java Support Developer. The Java Product Support Developer performs deep investigation of technical issues with the dotCMS product, platform, and code base, and delivers solutions to a wide range of customer issues.
This isn’t a tedious position with a standard playbook – the majority of our support requests are for new issues unique to specific environments and use cases. But if you enjoy new and varied challenges, and the opportunity to advance in your front-end, back-end, or full stack development skills, we’d love to talk to you.
We’re proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
Provide remote technical support for dotCMS software products and services, including:
- Interact directly with customers via support ticketing system, and occasional scheduled video meetings
- Reproduce customer-reported issues
- Isolate reported issues in configuration, implementation, and/or dotCMS code
- Respond with technical and creative solutions to client problems
Resolve technical issues and requests about the product and implementations, including:
- Submit bug reports, enhancement requests, and suggested bug fixes
- Build and deliver working sample code and examples
- Provide feedback to R&D, documentation, and customer success on issues & resolutions
- Participate in daily support stand-ups and regular development team meetings
- Take part in rotating pagerduty shifts to provide off-hours support for critical customer issues
- Contribute to other support-related technical and development projects as requested
- 2+ years Java development experience; full-stack a plus
- 2+ years experience with web technologies including HTML and CSS; SCSS a plus
- Proven and demonstrable analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in technical field
Additional desirable experience
- Relational database administration; PostgreSQL a plus
- Developing on Linux; AWS Linux a plus
- Working with/within Docker containers; Kubernetes a plus
- Administrating cloud hosted environments; AWS a plus
- Professional use of Version Control Systems; Github and Zenhub a plus
The salary for this role is based on experience and ranges from 65-85k USD DOE
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.