Do you love great prose and appreciate a nifty turn of phrase? Are you that eagle-eyed proofreader who notices a misplaced colon or skewed spacing around an em dash? Are you in awe of, and have you mastered, the mightiness of the pen? Are you fast and efficient at drafting great content? If so, we should talk. Airbase is looking for a talented individual with both impeccable writing skills and a penchant for understanding what audiences will “hear” to serve as a marketing copywriter. This entry-level position is ideal for a recent college graduate or a writer looking to break into marketing and/or the tech industry. Bonus points if you have a passion for accounting and numbers in general.
Airbase is a VC-funded, fast-growing, fast-moving software company that creates spend management accounting software for small to midsize companies. Your communications must connect with, and be of value to, finance professionals, including CFOs, finance managers, and accountants.
This full-time role requires a demonstrated ability to write compelling, accessible, and informative copy. Knowledge of finance or accounting is a big plus; willingness to learn about it is a must. You will be responsible for a wide variety of projects, including long-form communications (e.g., white papers and ebooks) and some short-form (e.g., newsletters, presentations, blogs, and other copywriting).
This full-time position is remote. It is 40 hours per week and will require at least four working hours per day to overlap with 8am–5pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8).
Position Summary, Responsibilities, And Expectations
- Create compelling, accessible, and value-added copy that is consistent with the established company tone.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar for one long-form piece each month.
- Draft copy for at least one short-form piece each week.
- Edit/proof copy from other Airbase teams and enforce the company style guide.
- Develop a substantial depth of knowledge of Airbase products and our market personas.
- Take the lead on finalizing the company style guide for written communication.
- Assist in the creative process for upcoming marketing campaigns.
- Accurately track the progress of copywriting projects and drive them through approvals with stakeholders. Ensure that they are completed on time, with a consistently high level of quality.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Experience creating clean, engaging copy for public use (e.g., school paper, website, blog, etc.) — even better if it’s B2B content.
- Prior employment as a copywriter or editor is a plus but not required. Great writers without any professional experience will be considered.
- Able to provide examples of past work, including long-form pieces over 500 words.
- Prior experience or knowledge of finance or accounting is a plus.
- Highly dependable independent worker.
- Excellent time-management skills, with a track record of delivering rapid-cadence, quality content to meet clearly defined deadlines.
Demonstrate your passion for the above in a personalized cover letter. Applicants without a relevant cover letter WILL NOT be considered.