TriNetX (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
POSITION TITLE: JUNIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER
LOCATION: REMOTE US
This position reports to our global HQ in Cambridge, MA and is fully remote within the US. Travel is expected when needed and local candidates are preferred.
Who we are:
TriNetX was founded on the idea that incorporating real-world data results in better clinical trial design, improves the site selection and patient recruitment process and generates real-world evidence (RWE) to advance the collective understanding of human health. TriNetX collaborates with the majority of industry leaders, including 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, and is powered by an impressive network of 170 healthcare organizations across 30 countries.
As a result of its reach and rapidly expanding network, TriNetX has become the market leader in protocol design, feasibility, and site selection. Researchers have leveraged the TriNetX network to analyze over 39,000 protocols, presented over 10,000 clinical trial opportunities to its healthcare members, and reduced site identification time in clinical trials by 50%.
Currently, TriNetX healthcare organization members contribute access to a patient population of 400 million, representing over 40 billion clinical observations. With headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, TriNetX is one of the fastest-growing, privately held companies in the area’s life sciences corridor.
The challenges we work on:
TriNetX is the global health research network that optimizes clinical research and enables discoveries through the creation of real-world evidence. TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought. Each member of our community shares in the consolidated value of our global, federated health research network that connects clinical researchers to the patient populations which they are attempting to study.
Who we are looking for:
We are growing rapidly and looking for a DevOps Engineer that will help build tooling and infrastructure that accelerates our ability to meet the needs of our Global Engineering team and worldwide customer base.
We are looking for a candidate who uses strong software engineering principles to tackle challenging distributed systems problems and automate processes within the Engineering team. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to get hands-on experience with complex distributed systems built in the cloud with leading-edge technologies. Our candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside seasoned cloud engineering veterans building globally distributed healthcare data networks.
What you will be doing and learning:
- Improvements to automation tools for on-demand provisioning, scaling of AWS resources and deployment of proprietary services.
- Automate configuration of monitoring tools to enhance our awareness of the availability and utilization of AWS resources.
- Set up, secure, configure and maintain our AWS based infrastructure for development, testing, staging and production.
- Ongoing system monitoring and management activities including participation in PagerDuty rotation.
- Collaborate with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the team.
What you bring to TriNetX:
- Recent grads welcome with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 0-1 years of experience doing software engineering with an interest in DevOps Engineering
- Interest to learn Ubuntu or similar Linux (administration, configuration and troubleshooting)
- Interest to learn AWS network design and administration (Route53, DNS , VPC, subnets, firewall rules, load balancers)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer)
- Exposure to systems scripting experience (Python, etc.)
- Interest and desire to build, create, investigate within Engineering
- Prior experience in DevOps from internships or co-ops
- Understanding of logging and monitoring infrastructure (Elasticsearch/ELK, Prometheus/Grafana)
- Exposure to AWS technology and tools
As a condition of employment, the individual must provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination unless a medical or religious exemption is granted by TriNetX.
Learn more about TriNetX:
Please feel free to check out our website www.trinetx.com and our careers page www.trinetx.com/careers/ to learn more. We are social and you can follow us on Twitter @TriNetX, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/trinetx, The Muse https://www.themuse.com/profiles/trinetx and be sure to read our blog https://trinetx.com/blog/
Interested in joining our community?
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
E-Verify Works for Everyone
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.