Whispir (201-500 Employees, 61% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the Position
We’re growing. Fast. Our global expansion necessitates a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer to help optimise and support its globally expanding presence, with a record of building & maintaining high performance, resilient systems. You’ll be working in a growing environment dedicated to our cross-channel cloud communications software.
- Collaborating and pairing with other engineers
- Take ownership of maintenance and project tasks
- Implementation of improvement opportunities in close cooperation with senior engineers
- Setup, configuration and deployment of platform infrastructure, largely using AWS services
- Participation in On-Call rotation to support incident resolution during business and non-business hours
Expected Organisational Behaviours:
- Adhere to operational procedures such as time keeping, task allocation, status reporting
- Actively contribute to internal programs
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with software development domain knowledge including industry trends, technologies, frameworks and techniques
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with Whispir products
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Share acquired skills and knowledge of competitor or complementary products with the team
Even if you don’t meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap – you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
You will need:
- Good skills operating and administering Linux
- Some experience working with Cloud Services
- Troubleshooting skills, with a strong focus on root cause analysis and remediation
You would ideally have:
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (e.g. EC2, EKS, RDS, Route 53, Lambda)
- Knowledge of CI/CD techniques and tools
- Appreciation of good practice for securing cloud environments
- Awareness of container and container orchestration tools, such as docker and k8s
- Ideally experience of Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code tools. Preferably Ansible, Packer, Terraform
- Understanding of devops approaches, and cloud-first architecture
- Awareness of source control tools, preferably Git
- Perform platform maintenance and client support tasks
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Diversity & Inclusion
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!