"SystemOne, LLC" (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at SystemOne, you will build the services that power our web and mobile applications. You will be a key member of the team, making technical decisions that will shape the company’s future. We are looking for people who love to code and work with other developers to build meaningful products.
As a software developer at SystemOne you will be expected to:
- Integrate and connect health information systems and diagnostic instruments with our data collection platforms
- Build reports and dashboards that present actionable information to health professionals
- Maintain strict security standards for the transport of sensitive data (We are pursuing to be ISO 27001 certificate)
- Optimize back-end services for performance and scale
- We try hard to remove unnecessary processes from our product pipeline
- We try not to over-engineer our software
- Every change to any software is met with a code review on GitHub
- We write integration and unit tests to cover brittle and error-prone areas of our software
- We are a fully remote team, work in 2-week sprints, and have daily standups
The Application Process
Good developers have many options; we aim to make it as easy and inviting as possible for qualified people to talk with us. Send us a short, custom email as described under “How to Apply” below. No cover letter, no coding tests, no puzzles. Anybody who meets the requirements gets a friendly 30-minute chat with one or two team members. You meet us, we meet you, we answer your questions. If you’re still interested, we’ll book interviews and get things rolling.
Requirements (must have)
- 6+ months of experience in software development
- Comfortable working in a team that spans many time zones, countries, and cultures
- Experience working with Nodejs or any of these technologies React, Vue, or Angular
- Embrace the SystemOne core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple
Nice to Have:
Experience in one or more of the following is a big bonus
- C#, Windows Forms
About the Organization
SystemOne is a technology business that has served healthcare organizations to reduce the burden of the infectious disease since 2013. We employ a team of engaged software professionals that is focused on providing high-quality user experiences and facilitating the integration of a heterogeneous IT landscape.
Our engineering team prides itself in delivering impactful products to health organizations, striking the correct balance between delivering solutions within ambitious time frames and enabling people with high-quality IT systems without over-engineering our products.
The team is currently distributed across Europe, Africa & the Americas. We have a strong, hands-on CTO who supports initiatives to continuously learn and share knowledge.
How to Apply
Use the job advertisement application link and;
- Provide a link to (or a copy of) your resume, profile, or portfolio (e.g., your website, LinkedIn); it’s ok to send other links, too (e.g., a blog, GitHub, a project of yours)
- To demonstrate that you’ve read this and are a serious applicant, provide a short answer to just one of these:
a) What are three things, big or small, you’d change about the language you’ve done most of your recent coding in?
b) What was the last good book, article, or presentation you saw on software development? What made it stand out for you?
c) What’s your favorite open-source library? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
d) Briefly describe a project you worked on recently. What is something you learned while doing it?
e) What technology did you most recently mentor a colleague on? How did it go?
We, unfortunately, can’t accept applications that lack the 2 items listed above.