"dmarcian, Inc." (11-50 Employees, 3% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
dmarcian is dedicated to upgrading the entire world’s email by making DMARC accessible to all.
Our mission is to spread DMARC everywhere. We offer superior tooling, educational resources, and expert support—but at our core, we’re people helping other people understand and protect a vital asset, their email domains. Staying focused on our mission means we’re constantly improving by learning from the challenges that everyone faces while deploying DMARC.
The Product and Development circles are driven to create an inviting, inclusive user experience while maintaining and improving our free public tools and robust domain management platform. The technology we help customers implement is highly technical, but their interactions with our tooling and platform should be informative and enjoyable.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be a primarily support role in application maintenance and feature implementation. Along with our lead engineers, you’ll assist in responding to spontaneous support requests and fulfilling bug fixes.
- Create and maintain APIs and their backing logic
- Modify UI as necessary or collaborate with frontend engineers
- Improve the performance of major sections of the application
- Collaborate with Product Managers to determine the capacity for and scalability of feature building
- Clearly and concisely articulate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions across circles
- Participate in code reviews and other engineering initiatives and deliverables
- Work closely with engineering to innovate and build user interface, including our migration to a single-page application
- Communicate with Development, Operations, and Product circles to continuously improve products and best practices
Who We’re Looking For
- You have experience developing backend REST API services in Python and Django, using Django REST Framework
- You’ve used Git in a professional environment
- You have exceptional communication skills—are resourceful, adaptable, and highly organized.
- You’re motivated to learn about all things DMARC.
- You’re detail-oriented, with the ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks through a high volume of concurrent projects, while operating asynchronously.
- You resonate with our culture and values and have an eagerness to be actively involved in cultivating and refining our practices accordingly. We believe in empathy and patience for clients and coworkers, having a positive outlook, and the capacity to acknowledge and resolve problems.
- A strong preference will be given to those with experience in cybersecurity, the email ecosystem, DNS and domain management
- Grow your awareness and understanding of the best practices in the design, development, and maintenance of software and technical architecture.
- Deepen your skills and interests in email technology and the development of scalable, RESTful applications
- Improve the approachability of the core product and supporting code bases
- Advocate for and strengthen best practices within engineering and company-wide
More information about our application process and what we offer can be found here. Because dmarcian is committed to an inclusive hiring process, please identify yourself by the initial of your first name along with your full last name in your submitted application, resume and letter of interest. Please submit all documentation in PDF format.
Our goal is to hire the best, brightest and most intrinsically motivated people. We also understand that can’t always be reflected via conventional work experience. At dmarcian, we believe diverse perspectives make us stronger. If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role and you like who we are, we encourage you to apply even if your previous experience isn’t a conventional match.
dmarcian employs, trains, compensates, promotes, and supports regardless of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law (and because it is the right thing to do).