RelationalAI (51-200 Employees, 128% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At RelationalAI, we are enabling the future of data-centric systems that learn, reason, and predict, built on our cloud-native relational knowledge graph management system. We are bringing together a global team of exceptional people who inspire and respect one another to achieve our mission.
We are intellectually curious, with problem-solving mindsets and a proven track record of delivering results. We value the ability to learn, grow, and respond to an ever-changing landscape of challenges and opportunities as much as we value past experience.
RelationalAI is a remote-first company that has been operating with a distributed team since day one. We are based on six continents, support team members wherever they live, and are fluent in the tools and processes of distributed and often asynchronous work.
The Knowledge and Software Engineering (KSE) team
The Knowledge and Software Engineering (KSE) team works with customers to model their business domain, process and reason over large amounts of data, and create assets that enable users to unlock the power of relational knowledge graphs. We specialize in using and teaching others to use RelationalAI’s declarative modeling language, called Rel. We help our customers to model their ontologies, build performant data apps, and weave their data into data fabrics that enable access to enterprise data and that support the checking and enforcement of governance policy.
We recognize that most of the code in production today is unmaintainable “legacy code” that will need to be replaced sooner or later. Rather than contribute to the accumulation of legacy code, our team is part of a new wave that does fundamentally better work than the generations that preceded us.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with more senior colleagues to understand and document our customer’s business requirements.
- Formally model a customer’s business to create an ontology that defines key concepts and relationships as well as key business rules and constraints.
- Given the ontology, implement and productize models using the Rel language so that the solution may be delivered using RAI’s knowledge-graph management system.
- Train customers who want to create their own solutions in the use of the Rel language.
Who You Are & What You Bring (aka qualifications)
There are a few absolute must-haves:
- You are a strong developer with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- You are excited about building solutions at every level, from requirements analysis all the way through development and deployment.
- You value elegant solutions to problems and abhor hacks.
- You value declarative solutions to problems and are conscientious about the readability and understandability of your code.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where customer success is more important than individual success.
- You’re curious and enjoy learning.
Experience (practical / followed class at University) with one of the below is a bonus:
- Implementing graph algorithms
- Modeling methodologies, e.g., object-oriented modeling with UML, or Object Role Modeling.
- Designing and implementing distributed systems / microservices
Other than that, there is no single prototype of an ideal team member. We are building a team that amplifies each other’s strengths, and complements each other’s weaknesses.
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please apply. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Qualified candidates can expect the following hiring process:
- A screening call with the Team Lead
- 2-3 meetings with other team members
RelationalAI is committed to an open, transparent, and inclusive workplace. We value the unique backgrounds of our team. We are driven by curiosity, value innovation, and help each other to succeed and to grow. We take the well-being of our colleagues seriously, and offer flexible working hours so each individual can find a healthy balance that affords them a productive, happy life wherever they choose to live.
Country Hiring Guidelines:
RelationalAI hires around the world. All of our roles are remote; however, some locations might carry specific eligibility requirements.
Because of this, understanding location & visa support helps us better prepare to onboard our colleagues.
Our People Operations team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruitment process.
RelationalAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.