Curated (201-500 Employees, 228% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Curated is on a mission to humanize online shopping by connecting customers with passionate experts. Our three-way marketplace allows experts to monetize their passion, helps consumers to make the perfect purchase, and provides leading brands with a high-touch platform to connect great products with the right buyers.
As Curated continues to grow, we’re seeking an experienced accounting expert to join our team. As the first fully dedicated accounting expert at Curated, you will collaborate with our Controller to develop our accounting function and strategy from the ground up. You'll enable critical financial decision making essential to our continued growth.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and scale core accounting systems and processes
- Prepare regular financial statements and define best practices
- Research and advise treatment of various transactions core to our business
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details!
- Interest or experience in e-commerce
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional analytical skills (e.g., Excel expert who asks insightful questions and validates hypotheses with data)
- Deep knowledge of accounting practices, internal controls, and compliance (e.g. experience at a Big 4 accounting firm)
- Nice to have: CPA license
While these qualifications are typical of a strong candidate, they are not exhaustive and not required unless noted. We take a holistic approach to hiring and would love to connect if this role sounds interesting to you!
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge-based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Full-time employees at Curated get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you’ll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal. See all our perks and benefits here.