MetLife (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2022
Location(s): Remote, US, 0 Tampa, FL, US, 33647
Location: Virtual, with accessibility to the following office: Tampa-FL
The Billing Services administrator is responsible for performing accounting functions to record Service Agreement Benefit Payments, Pre- tax deductions and the associated fee billing for the RIS Pension business. This role also is responsible for calculation of contractual expenses and service fees in an accurate and timely manner to prevent potential loss in income.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Address and resolve complex and critical client escalation issues. Perform complex tasks independently for a portfolio of accounts. Manage relationships and complex tasks for a portfolio of assigned accounts.
- Perform Billing tasks and administrative functions of the Billing Services Unit
- Perform high-value financial transactions in a consistently accurate and timely fashion
- Maintain high standards of accuracy and data integrity
- Analyze and resolve discrepancies and issues, and resolve internal and external client escalations that impact the unit on a high-priority basis
- Establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with internal and external clients and business partners
- Respond to external and internal requests for information, including audits and Call Center requests
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Moderate knowledge of group products, services and systems.
Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Degree is preferred
- Strong Excel skills and proficient in all other Microsoft Office products.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126007