Disruptive Games (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for an innovative and disciplined Lead Audio Designer to join our team. From sound effects to music, we know you are as deeply passionate about audio as we are. We are looking for a Lead with strong knowledge and understanding of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and communicate the audio vision in cooperation with the Creative Director and Lead Designer.
- Work with the engineering team to realize and plan the audio features needed for the project.
- Write and maintain the project’s audio-related documentation.
- Design and implement audio accessibility features.
- Be hands-on and involved with the audio feature design, content creation, and implementation within the project.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the project’s audio team, including ensuring submission of final audio files on or before required deadlines and troubleshooting and debugging of game audio systems.
- Perform quality control review for the project’s audio on all applicable platforms.
- Inspire and support team members, training them according to need, as you drive toward the project’s deliverables and take responsibility for team progress.
What You Bring:
- Extensive audio design experience in the game industry with at least three shipped titles.
- Strong sound design and implementation skills, with an ability to define the audio quality benchmarks on a project and inspire the team to achieve it.
- Able to develop and maintain schedules and capacity plans for the audio team.
- Able to direct and communicate effectively with music composers.
- Experience with WWise, FMod or other 3rd party audio technology suites.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Completely comfortable with performing and recording Foley and/or working with Foley providers, and comfortable with modern audio gear, software, and recording techniques.
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing, and mastering for trailers and demos.
- Self-motivated, with strong communication skills.
- Works well as part of a team, giving and taking constructive feedback with ease and kindness.
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment via video conferencing and discussion tools such as Discord, MS Teams, or Zoom.
- 6+ years of proven gameplay development.
- Experience and interest in Unreal Engine audio tools and new features.
- FPS, weapon design, and multiplayer experience.
- Experience working with production on handling speech end-to-end on a video game project, including everything from working with a database to track files, attending and/or directing English VO sessions at need, working with external localization parties at need on creating correct content for recording, and dealing with recorded assets in other languages.