Abnormal Security (201-500 Employees, 535% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Abnormal Security
Users and companies are constantly under attack but Abnormal Security’s team and patented, ML-first approach is redefining email security for the next generation. Our incredible team needs your help to keep ahead of the evolving threats facing the world. We tackle critical challenges using novel approaches and modern technologies that help make the world a safer place.
Call us Abnormal, but tackling impossible problems takes partnership with customers. By listening to what they want we can build them what they need to stop adversarial cybercrime. It also means our customers love what we build for them because it solves the problems that matter to them! And, of course, it is beautiful to look at and easy to use and administer!
But it’s not just our products; we are Abnormal too.
We’ve combined some of the best talent in the world with serially successful & passionate leadership, which gives us the ability to tackle complex challenges, build incredible things, and experiment and iterate quickly! Then, we empower our people to take ownership of complex end-to-end problems in a culture that supports and rewards them.
Come see what’s so great about being Abnormal!
Our Cloud Infrastructure team is hiring a Lead Cloud Engineer who will lead by example, helping build & improve our highly scalable Azure-centric Cloud environment.
In this role, you will:
- Help define and deliver the cloud-native infrastructure that our customer’s depend on everyday – while always considering how important “Security” is for our customers
- Help provide best-practices within an Azure environment
- Continuously seek to improve our capabilities through modernization & performance, including:
- Greater leveraging of IaC solutions,
- Incident Management,
- Enterprise Integrations, etc.
Team & Work Summary:
Part of our greater Platform & Infrastructure team, which is responsible for the creation, and maintenance, of the systems & platforms utilized across Abnormal to effectively build and operate all of our products and features.
Cloud Infrastructure is home to ~10 engineers with experiences spanning across “big tech”, the security industry, AdTech, successful SaaS startups, and more. They’ve all joined Abnormal to help us build impressively scalable and performant systems that help make the world a safer & better place.
This hire will be a hands-on leader on the team, helping own the continued success and growth of our critical infrastructure through the next phase of Abnormal.
To qualify, you’ll need:
- 3-8+ years of experience in scalable Cloud Infrastructure
- Consider yourself (at least) conversant with the Azure ecosystem (if not “Expert” level)
- Work with modern programming/scripting languages, like: Python, C#, Ruby, Perl,
- Experience leading teams and/or designing systems
- Have experience with today modern approaches in some/most of the following areas:
- IaC solutions – like Terraform/Terragrunt
- Containerization – through Docker (and K8s)
- OpenSource solutions for operations & infrastructure
- We use Airflow, Celery, Chronosphere, PagerDuty, Sentry, and/or CNCF tools (like Prometheus) – but we don’t require these specifically though
We’re on a serious mission to “protect the internet” and we’re adamant that building a great team will help us build a great product AND a great company! In addition to ensuring our compensation packages and benefits remain compelling to the caliber of talent we hire – we also seek to provide both clear career and personal growth opportunities. We’ve built a diverse and inclusive team that values the contributions and voice of all team members. Let’s chat about our team and opportunities – we’d love to show you just how GREAT being “Abnormal” can be!