FacetWealth / Facet Wealth (201-500 Employees, 161% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
As a Lead Data Scientist, Growth & CX at Facet, you will push the limits of our analytics capabilities through research, experimentation, and cutting edge data modeling techniques. You will join the new Growth & Client Experience (CX) Analytics team within Facet tasked with modeling and understanding the financial services market, end-to-end Facet client experience, and the performance of Facet’s marketing campaigns. You will be a highly visible and leading figure at Facet by promoting the benefits of data science across all parts of the company, building a foundation of highly standardized data requirements and models, evaluating new tools and resources necessary to perform diagnostic and predictive analysis, and using your analytics and communication abilities to drive evidence-based change in Facet’s strategy.
- Drive improvement in Facet’s business. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leveraging advanced research and analytics techniques to discover ways to improve Facet’s business. You will proactively identify opportunities and prioritize your work to help Facet achieve its business priorities.
- Promote the value of data science. As a new function at Facet, you will educate the team on the value and capabilities of modern data science techniques. You will inspire your teammates to ask better questions and teach them to view their work through an experimental lens. You will proactively communicate the importance of measurable processes and controlled experiments to run these programs at peak efficiency, allowing us to get from implementation to analysis quickly while curating clean, properly structured data.
- Lead research and experimentation. You will partner with Marketing, Sales, CX, and Product teams to plan research and experiments, work with Business Operations and Engineering teams to ensure we collect and replicate all necessary measurements in our data warehouse, model and analyze data, then present results and build self-service reporting to drive improvement in Facet’s Growth and CX programs.
- Develop and maintain models. You will lead the development of diagnostic and predictive models which estimate the drivers of change in core growth metrics and estimate the impact of future strategic changes. You will leverage advanced techniques to make sense of large, sometimes unstructured, datasets so that Facet teams can proactively identify the needs of our clients at all times and at different stages of the customer journey.
- Govern the end-to-end analytics pipeline. You will lead prioritization discussions and contribute to documentation from measurement engineering, to replication and modeling, to research and analysis, to insight dissemination and activation.
- Collaborate on analytics engineering projects. You will contribute to our shared analytics capabilities by partnering with Facet’s Business Operations and Financial Planning & Analysis data teams to develop common, core data models in dbt and leverage shared analysis tools.
- 6+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role, with at least 3 years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Strong understanding of core growth and CX metrics including LTV, retention, CAC, ARR, ARPC, usage, and engagement.
- Strong understanding of market, CX, and UX research processes.
- Experience working with behavioral data from website and email tracking tools such as Google Analytics, Segment, and Iterable.
- Experience developing evidence-driven customer segments and models based on demographic, psychographic, and behavioral data, customer journey stage, propensity to buy, product engagement, and sentiment.
- Proven ability to analyze customer behaviors to identify common pathways, describe usage of website and product features, and identify promotions that impact a customer’s experience.
- Understanding of warehouse-driven customer data platform concepts, including the development of identity resolution models – creating common identifiers to join customer data across many data sources and produce a single source-of-truth record of a customer’s history and current state.
- Proficiency with statistical techniques including regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, and experiment design.
- A master of SQL.
- Proficient with Python or R.
- Experience working with an enterprise data warehouse and dbt.
- Experience developing and maintaining self-service reports and maintaining dashboards in Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, or similar tools.
- Exceptional organization and documentation abilities.
- Outstanding communication, data visualization, and presentation skills.
- Experience building weighted multi-touch attribution models and researching significant drivers of sales performance.
- Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) tools and techniques to analyze call transcripts, chat logs, and survey response data.
- Experience with diagnostic analytics tools like Sisu.
- Experience working with campaign, lead, contact, opportunity, contract, task, event, and case data from Salesforce.
- Experience working with engagement, ad performance, and billing data from Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
- Experience working with survey response data from Qualtrics or Iterate.
- Experience working with customer data from third-party data providers.
Perks & Benefits:
- $130,000 – $160,000 annual salary + bonus determined by the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant – Please note, our salary ranges are based on current market data. Should you feel strongly that we are not in line, we highly recommend you to reach out and let us know. We are always looking to improve on building the best place for employees.
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid parental leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’ve consciously built an equitable and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome to bring their authentic selves to work. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.