CVS Health (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This role can be based anywhere in the U.S.A.
Join a high-performing actuarial team supporting Aetna/CVS’s commercial healthcare business by leading the Commercial Actuarial Analytics and Data team! In this role you will apply modern data analytical skills alongside your healthcare knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply actuarial judgement. This role will collaborate with numerous internal teams and manage our external relationship with Milliman’s Intelliscript practice.
The colleague will:
– Manage six team members who support actuarially developed and data science driven analytical models from conception, through evaluation, and ultimately implementation
– Establish or have a deep understanding of Aetna’s pricing algorithms and models so that recommended actions can be devised and successfully implemented
– Create or facilitate creation of initiatives that create more attractive pricing, optimized retention or sales opportunities to fuel overall growth
– Recommend decisions logically based on data and business acumen that weighs the pros and cons and considers any calculated risks
– Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication to various audiences to establish strong relationships and to effectively convey observations and recommendations
– Helps achieve profitability and member growth financial goals by acting as a strategic collaborator with their business partners
– Influence/empower resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects
– Take full ownership of projects, manage to overall deadlines, and complete tasks independently while collaborating with others.
– Anticipate and recognize matters that materially affect financial results and develop sound, unbiased recommendations on how to resolve them.
– Maintain collaborative and effective relationships with all business partners
– Develop and mentor team members.
Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of relevant actuarial healthcare experience
Associate of the Society of Actuaries.
Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
Compliant with the applicable Continuing Professional Development requirements and capable of signing required actuarial certifications
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related field
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.