Carewell (51-200 Employees, 171% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Carewell envisions a world where informal caregivers find the support and convenience they need, allowing them to maintain a sense of normalcy, to live happier and healthier lives, and to spend more quality time with the people they love – in comfort, with confidence.
We are bringing this world about through always-on advice, expertly-vetted products, trusted partnerships and helpful resources designed to empower families and afford everyone the opportunity to age gracefully in-place.
The Importance of hiring an Lead Experience Designer, Storefront
As Lead Experience Designer for Carewell.com, you will be responsible for defining and scaling our ecommerce design initiatives with a focus on digital accessibility, customer engagement and shopping success. You’ll collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers and even our own CEO to elevate Carewell’s product quality and empower teams to deliver innovative, compelling experience solutions.
✅ Here’s what we’ll want you to do…
- Empowers Product and Engineering teams to build inclusive end-to-end user experiences that compel customers to trust and advocate for Carewell as THE caregivers shop.
- Works daily with scrum teams to understand what support is needed, and to approve work in progress as “ready for development”
- Develops designs, mockups, and prototypes throughout the product development lifecycle to increase quality and compliance, and to de-risk features prior-to building
- With Product, collaborates with business stakeholders to understand problem spaces more fully, so that solutions can be designed to support and amplify our core strengths
- Owns the design system for Carewell.com and sets-the-tone for incredible mobile-first user experiences
- Manages small-to-significant / complex design projects from start to finish
- Maintains consistent visual standards, keeping style guides up to date
- Partners across teams at every stage to deliver the highest level of quality, on-brand
- Conducts usability research to gather feedback and insights into customer needs; develops and tests prototypes early in the design process
- Contributes accessible UI components, patterns, and documentation to formalize and manage Carewell’s unique perspective for caregivers and their loved ones
- Translates industry standards, like Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and CCPA, into understandable and approachable deliverables to uplevel teams
- Connects to teams regularly to close knowledge gaps and increase technical expertise within Design by facilitating workshops, design trainings, and weekly office hours to ensure design thinking isn’t just for Product and Engineering teams
- 5+ years of professional experience in user experience and digital design
- Experience with inclusive design or accessibility space, with design language systems
- Proficiency designing across multiple devices, platforms and systems (iOS, Android, Desktop, Mobile Web)
- Understanding of how different assistive technologies (like screen readers or speech recognition software) behave, and how users of assistive technology may be impacted by different design choices
- Effective communication skills and an ability to translate valuable user context into persuasive practices and designs people will embrace
- Demonstrated ability to excel in fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environments, including adapting to new challenges, scenarios, and working styles
- Ability to understand, give feedback, and resolve product issues quickly and willingness to utilize project management tools (e.g. Jira, Airtable, Confluence)
We think this means you probably…
- Have at least 2 years of Agile Delivery experience utilizing Scrum, Kanban or SAFe methodologies
- Have at least 3 years of designing user experiences for fast production launches and interactive learning, with 4+ years using leading web design tools (eg. Figma)
- Specific experience in Ecommerce
- Master’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience actively using Jira and Confluence
- 4+ years embedded experience with agile development, CI/CD team/cycles
- Comfort with Figma and other user experience demonstration tools
⚡ What we’ll offer you…
- The opportunity to be an early team member of a fast-growing startup
- The ability to work 100% remotely
- A steady stream of feels as we hear daily from highly-satisfied customers
- Federal holidays off + generous vacation time
- A fun, diverse, and entrepreneurial team focused on greatness
- The opportunity to make an appreciable difference in the lives of millions of people in need of support and otherwise left to figure things out, alone
Want to learn more about us? Check out recent awards and features at our Carewell Newsroom.
Carewell’s mission is centered around creating a better world for care. We believe having diverse and inclusive teams is an integral part of carrying out that mission.
Our increasingly diverse world is faced with complex care challenges that can best be solved through a diverse and inclusive workforce, community of partners, and stakeholders.
Carewell is committed to equal opportunity, and we welcome and encourage all walks of life to come learn, grow, collaborate, and create a better world for care with us.