StackCommerce (51-200 Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Designer, who will be responsible for leading the design team, developing assets, overseeing company-wide campaigns and innovating design strategy for StackCommerce.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and manage team deadlines, resources, workflows and responsibilities
- Lead and mentor a team of designers (currently comprising 2 production designers, 1 graphic designer and 1 marketing coordinator) and help foster a collaborative and creative environment.
- Develop thoughtful, data-inspired recommendations across various channels: paid, email, on-site, social media, etc.
- Analyze design performance, digging deep to understand how audience, channel, medium, and product affected said performance
- Lead, oversee and manage visual design of all creative to maintain brand consistency.
- Analyze current and emerging design/consumer trends and articulate ideas to ensure our brands stand apart from competition
- Create and manage the visual identity of the brand and maintain consistency of visual guidelines, photo and video standards, and brand voice across various platforms.
- Push creative boundaries by constantly pursuing new concepts and approaches, bringing new ideas to the table.
- Collaborate across teams and actively participate in team brainstorm sessions (as well as cross-functional sessions) for new asset ideas, design development and innovation.
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop internal and external brand needs, such as decks, one sheets, case studies, landing pages, swag, and special one-off projects
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience designing either in-house or for an agency
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- An online portfolio that demonstrates examples of your work
- A hands on approach as you develop your team and act as an individual contributor
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Premiere
- Proficient in Figma, Dimensions, and Substance
- Have experience in corporate branding, websites, and decks
- Have experience building branding materials and design playbooks
- Experience in photography
- Experience producing or editing video content
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with a creative solution. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 7 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our COO or CEO over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets and team culture events (even while remote!)
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.