Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 294% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Distributed – Canada
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you a passionate and accomplished product designer who is driven to deliver an amazing mobile experiences for our users? Can you dive deep into mobile strategy and execution to help our creators educate the world? You’re looking for the opportunity to work with amazing people, do meaningful work, and take on big challenges—and you’ll find all of that at Thinkific!
As a Lead Mobile Designer at Thinkific, you’ll be a key member of our Experience Design and Research (XDR) team, specifically on our mobile app team, and contribute to the continued growth, innovation, and improvement of our world-class learning platform. You’ll focus on the customer experience and use your design skills to learn from our customers, create compelling visual interfaces, and champion an experience that drives success for Thinkific creators and their students. As a lead, you’ll own and drive strategy, while also collaborating closely with the Design team and other teams across the company. In this role, you’ll be in the unique position to help both uncover and deliver on opportunities that drive customer and business value.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to deliver high-quality results on time while confidently owning “how” we deliver an excellent mobile customer experience
- Move through problem statements, napkin sketches, and rapid prototypes to high fidelity design specs in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Leverage your domain knowledge in mobile design to define a long term experience strategy
- Take the lead, focusing on developing a strategic design direction for mobile and champiining it from inception to execution
- Facilitate design workshops for cross-functional teams and participate in passionate and respectful debates in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Use quantitative and qualitative research techniques, analytics, and data to make decisions, influence design direction, and measure success
- Work within an established design system, while bringing your unique insights and perspective to challenge the status quo when needed
- Advocate for the customer experience while considering and balancing differing opinions, especially when deadlines are looming
- Keep an eye on the big picture—the impact of a feature on our overall product or a step within our process—with the desire to make things better
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Share a strong portfolio of design work that clearly articulates your role in each project and shows your ability to apply critical thought to your work
- Have 6+ years of experience in a product design role, with at least 3 years working on mobile applications and 1-2 of those years at a senior level
- Have 3 years of experience working on mobile applications and be obsessive over interactions
- Demonstrate expert level experience with low-fi to hi-fi design processes
- Show experience in qualitative and quantitative user research techniques and the ability to leverage data to both make and measure decisions
- Have experience working with various stakeholders and teams including product, support, marketing, and engineering
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills that enable you to host design critiques and pitch your work to stakeholders
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Love developing mobile experiences at scale
- Have conducted a heuristic evaluation on existing interfaces
Bonus points if you have:
- Interest in writing copy that is designed to improve customer experiences
- A strong desire to delve into information architecture, content hierarchy, and labeling
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!