Workera.ai is the precision upskilling platform helping enterprises, governments and individuals upskill and reskill to meet the critical demand for key technological capabilities including data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence. The Workera platform provides AI-driven mentorship at scale with its adaptive assessments and personalized learning plans that drive measurable results to close the skills gap.
We are a Silicon Valley start-up backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Owl Ventures and Andrew Ng’s AI Fund. Our founders are Kian Katanforoosh, an award-winning Stanford Computer Science Lecturer who has taught AI to over 1 million people, and James Lee, former VP of Global Operations at Udacity. Our Chairman is Dr. Andrew Ng, co-founder of Coursera (NYSE: COUR), CEO of DeepLearning.AI, and founding lead of the Google Brain project.
Workera’s vision is to help humanity measurably close the skills gap to achieve its fullest potential.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer (US) to join our team! As the dedicated designer on your product team, you’ll contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction, and advocate for the creation of a useful, fun, and engaging experience that truly helps people develop key technology skills.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- You’ll conduct research alongside your product manager and tech lead to enhance and update what we know about our customers, their goals/challenges, and leverage both qualitative and quantitative data to validate design decisions.
- You’ll own the work, start to finish. You’ll be defining the user experience, interactions, and user interface. You will thrive by showing your team how problems are being solved through user flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and visual design. You will get to work on a small cross functional team to collaborate on your vision and make it a reality.
- Along the way you will have the support and collaboration from your product design teammates to help ensure a consistent, quality experience is being delivered to customers.
- You’ll use, contribute to, and help evolve Workera’s design system.
Who you are:
- Experienced. You have a proven track record of collaborating with a product team to ship successful products for several years and work on products people depend on..
- A Craftsperson. You care deeply and over-invest in well crafted interaction and visual design that makes the customer experience feel human, helpful and delightful. You leverage prototyping skills (HTML/CSS/JS a plus) to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced.
- An owner. You take full ownership of your work and take responsibility for every last detail and step from initial concept to final implementation.
- Opportunistic. You are comfortable using quantitative and qualitative insights to guide our product focus. You are able to define and justify meaningful opportunities based on business outcomes. You have a proven ability to deliver excellent UI/UX even with limitations of scale.
- A problem solver. You are able to think about the forest and the trees. Workera is taking a novel approach to enabling companies to have continuously updated skill data and you relish the opportunity to clarify vision. You leverage data to make decisions.
- Determined and scrappy. You don’t give up easily. You take initiative and proactively get things done in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Excited about skill development. As a plus, you have experience with Learning Technologies and/or Enterprise.
What you’ll get by working with us:
- Unlimited PTO plus a week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Collegial atmosphere
- Innovative environment
- Full support for home offices
- A culture of life-long learning supported up to $3,000 reimbursement for professional development
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to make the world more meritocratic
- Being part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence
- Opportunity to own high-impact projects
What it’s like to work at Workera:
- High-velocity career growth. You will be joining an all-star team of industry experts, world-class technologists from top tech companies, and proven startup operators that have built large, successful businesses. Workera is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and most importantly, we’re solving a massive problem for enterprises and individuals, so your opportunities for growth and impact are unlimited
- A company that is solving one of the most exciting interdisciplinary problems of our era. World-changing innovations often spur from interdisciplinary research and development. Workera is, at its heart, an interdisciplinary company. To create the world’s most reliable and valid skills signal powering talent development, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the most challenging problems at the intersection of psychometrics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering – from developing valid and reliable computer adaptive tests, to recommending personalized learning plans to employees and organizations, and enabling business leaders worldwide to make the best strategic decisions for upskilling and recruiting
- Diversity. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. Our team-members, like our users, transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a skills-based, more meritocratic world, and a unique ability to execute.
- A remote-friendly work environment. No matter where you reside, you’re a part of Workera. We ensure that our globally distributed employees can participate fully in our company’s activities and do their best work every day.
- Lifelong learning. As talented as our team members are, we know that everyone is a constant work-in-progress and that the best is yet to come. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, mentorship, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. Did someone ever tell you that world-class mentorship doesn’t exist in startups? Please send them our way!
- A culture of transparency that we carry through to messaging communication, ensuring that team members have the information they need to make good decisions.
We’re learners, dreamers, and game-changers. Join us to bring everyone the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential!
At Workera we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Workera believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.