Fable (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Fable is an exciting start-up with a mission to make the world a healthier and happier place. We are building a social platform to connect people via stories. Reading together with friends, family, and co-workers is a great way to enjoy the full mental and physical benefits of reading. We call this “social reading,” and use it to empower global communities to read together every day in digital book clubs. We are now planning to expand to stories that you can listen to or watch, and discuss these with other people who share similar interests. We are backed by top investors including Redpoint Ventures, Tiger Global, M13, Gaingels, and notable angel investors who believe in our mission and team.
We are building Fable because stress, anxiety, depression, and social isolation are on the rise and affecting people globally, across all age and income levels — and we can help. Stories promote empathy, social perception, emotional intelligence, and other cognitive abilities that can lead to better mental health. Just 30 minutes of reading every day can improve our mental wellbeing. Fable helps people make reading a fun and healthy daily habit that connects readers with friends, family, and communities.
WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
Fable puts the omnipresent mobile screen in service of digital nutrition.
In a world struggling with cognitive dissonance and toxic behaviors on social media, Fable combines taste-making curation and moderated social connections to foster mental wellness, personal growth, and meaningful interactions.
Fable makes it easy for people to discover, join and build communities based on their interest graph. Fable members read together, sharing highlights, notes, and comments. We curate the vast body of knowledge that surrounds every book and surface the most interesting bits to make reading much more interactive and fun.
Well-read experts and tastemakers select great books that are featured inside “Fable Folios.” A Fable Folio is a selection of exceptional stories and book recommendations. New Folios are released weekly and offer something for everyone, whether they’re seeking to be entertained, informed, or challenged.
Every day, Fable helps members set and reach their reading goals to reap the wellness benefits of reading. Our communities set their own milestones to pace themselves and fill the micro-moments in their lives with stories.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Management Lead to join our distributed team in building the world’s best platform for social reading and exceptional stories.
This role is a player coach role where you will lead Fable’s core Social product with a team of PM’s supporting you as well as manage one of the full-stack (PM, Design and Engineers) product development squads that contribute to the core product.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
– Partner with the Head of Product to develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the social pillar of the Fable platform
– Serve as both a manager and individual contributor managing a team of PM’s while also contributing directly to the product
– Identify new expansion opportunities that will lead to increased engagement and retention of the Fable social reading platform
– Coach PM’s and help them grow in their skills and career both at Fable and beyond
– Lead a full stack development team (we call them squads) that consists of design + engineering to deliver against an ambitious roadmap
– Own features end-to-end from concept through launch and beyond to deliver meaningful business impact
✔️ SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
– Minimum 10 years of product management experience w/ a growth mindset
– Experience with managing a team of product managers w/ a proven track record of delivering high impact features that drove meaningful business results
– Experience with social or consumer mobile products a plus
– High attention to detail and focus on rigorous process
– Track record of successful impact in a start-up/scaling businesses
IS THIS YOU?
– You’re analytical and highly data-driven.
– You take ownership and responsibility. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute relentlessly and drive projects to get results.
– You love working with smart, fun, sincere and dedicated peers.
– You want to be the one to make it happen.
– You are resilient and can cope with ambiguity.
– Comfortable in a fast-paced and at times unpredictable start-up environment.
YOUR TEAM AT FABLE
At Fable, you’ll join a passionate, high-performing and empathetic team of people who love stories. We are proud to work on a purpose driven product with a mission of improving mental wellness. We are a tech company with the soul of an artist. We are an early-stage startup and as such a constant work in progress. We have no time for bureaucracy and are looking for leaders, not spectators. We listen, understand, and consider before we judge. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and have a set of values that are an integral part of our company culture. Please check out our diversity and inclusion manifesto and company values here.
WHY WORK AT FABLE
This is a unique opportunity if you are looking to join a small team making a big impact, and work on a fast-growing product while having fun along the way.
– Competitive salary and stock options
– Comprehensive health and dental plans
– Flexible vacation days
– Open and transparent culture
– Parental leave (we believe in life integration not just work-life balance)
– Work from anywhere, any time
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FABLE?
– Check out our Founder’s message, meet our team and read our principles to make sure we are right for you
– Listen to our Founder talk about mental wellness and stories
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are a gender-balanced team committed to diversity and an inclusive environment.