Whimsical (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Whimsical is an end-to-end SaaS platform for shaping ideas. Our software enables thousands of customers—from individuals to Fortune 500—to think and collaborate in the new era of distributed work.
We’re now looking for a Lead Product Manager to focus on our growth efforts.
About The Role
As a product-led company our product managers are essential in driving Whimsical’s success by solving hard problems and delivering value for both our users and the company. You will have direct impact on most parts of the company in close partnership with your cross-functional team (product management, design and engineers) and the management.
Our process is loosely based on Shape Up. We write a lot, comment, iterate and play (using Whimsical of course ;)) with our pitches. We work in a dual-track process where you as a product manager shape and discover future products while working with your team on delivering features directly to customers. Our product teams are cross-functional teams inspired by Marty Cagan’s two books Inspired and Empowered.
Our growth to date has been product-led without dedicated effort focused on traditional marketing channels. We see the growth team as owning the first mile with Whimsical — from acquisition through activation. We believe in the power in compounding, sustainable growth loops and in experimenting to find their maximum potential.
You will be reporting to our Head of Growth Hillary Miller.
Your responsibilities include:
- You will work across our product with a focus on the new user experience and helping teams get to the magic moments
- Write and prioritize pitches that highlight why a specific solution will help us achieve your team’s goals
- Evaluate growth product initiatives and kill darlings as fast as possible
- Excite every co-worker about the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of what the growth team is building
- Share experiment learnings far and wide
- Develop relationships with all types of customers, know what they think, how we fail to help them and what value our products deliver
- Deliver experiments and features that hold true to Whimsical’s value of craftsmanship
- Underpin all of the above with clear data, facts and strong messaging
Your first quarter at Whimsical
At the end of your first quarter at Whimsical you will:
- Feel at home, know the awesome people here and how we work
- Understand the core data for your areas of focus (onboarding through activation) and the company-wide focus metrics for Whimsical
- Familiar with our product-led growth loops, with ideas on how to accelerate them
- Collaborated on pitches and research for upcoming growth work
- Have taught Hillary (our Head of Growth) something she did not know about product growth
We’re looking for someone with proven track record of growth product management in rapidly growing SaaS companies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product experimentation and product delivery
- 5 years experience working on technology-powered products as either in growth or as product manager, engineer, data analyst, or data scientist — ideally at a PLG (product-led) company
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Deep appreciation for design and craftsmanship, you care about what we build and how we build it
- Comfortable with the fast-paced, ambiguous environment of a start-up
- Based in North America (US or Canada)
– 100% Remote: We’re spread from California to Latvia and we’ve got you covered if you prefer to work from a coworking space.
– Salary: Annual salary starting at $184,631
– Equity: starting at 0.4%
– Vacation: 6 weeks of paid time off each year
– Parental Leave: 4 weeks paid by company
– Equipment: We provide all the tech you need to work successfully.
– Summits: We try to bring everyone together at least twice a year when possible
– Pension: 401k with 6% company matching
– Health Insurance*: Paid by company for you and dependents
You can read more about how we think about compensation on our blog.