Fictiv (201-500 Employees, 92% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact in this Role
The Business Applications team implements business software across Fictiv’s departments.
As the Lead Salesforce Application Developer you will partner with the RevOps team, to focus on changes and improvements to Salesforce functionality in support of business needs. You will work with the RevOps core team supporting Salesforce Sales and must be a strategic partner in determining best practices and efficiency gains as it relates to process improvements.
You will also analyze project objectives, create customer workflows, and troubleshoot errors. You will convert RevOps business requirements and map them to technical requirements. You will implement those designs and will be required to lead other Salesforce Application Developers and contractors in implementations.
This role requires extensive experience working with Salesforce CRM platforms, application development skills, and the ability to solve complex software problems. You will be responsible for understanding requirements, defining architecture, working with a cross-functional team to create implementation plans, and providing thought leadership for all solutions to meet and exceed RevOps expectations.
You will be accountable for meeting all Software Engineering best practices for development, testing, staging and production release of code. Additionally, you will partner closely with the Product, Engineering and Infrastructure teams to provide the team guidance and specific expertise on your area of specialty with regard to development practices, QC testing in development environments, software specific standards, customization approaches and integration approaches. You will mentor other engineers and oversee implementations, including unit testing and documentation for all solutions and develop strong cross-functional stakeholder relations. You will own the stability, security, data accuracy, uptime and issue resolution for Fictiv’s Salesforce implementation.
You will partner with the Director of Business Applications to support and scale Salesforce cross-functionally with other business systems.
You will report to the Chief Information Officer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Subject Matter Expert on all workflows end-to-end in Salesforce, identifying dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management.
- Expert in the Salesforce ecosystem of applications and supporting systems including CPQ, RFQ, ERP and Finance integrations.
- Partner with all cross-functional teams to determine Salesforce CRM needs.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform, including design, implementation, quality control, end-to-end testing plans in multiple environments (dev/test/stage/prod), troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Own stability of the applications to Engineering standards including, incident management, monitoring, alerting and incident resolution for all aspects of the application.
- Create timelines, set expectations with RevOps and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure changes to event implementations and integrations are gracefully handled in the application.
- Facilitate Discovery sessions, Backlog Refinement, and Sprint Planning meetings to external and internal stakeholders are aligned on the project goals.
- Maintain the security and data integrity of the application software.
- Research, Diagnose, and Monitor performance bottlenecks.
- Act as a mentor to less technical stakeholders with best practices.
- Write documentation and provide technical training for cross-functional teams.
- Enjoy working with remote teams and people that have strong opinions
Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure.
Ability to set up, facilitate, and lead service and process improvement sessions with a range of business stakeholders.
Ability to present to groups of mixed technical understanding.
Adept at creating visuals to tell a story.
Ability to build strong trust based relationships.
Adept at shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Ability to recommend actionable insights from projects and lead projects autonomously.
Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
Ability to learn and understand new ways of doing things.
Ability to drive standards and best practices for a team or organization.
Ability to exercise good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
Ability to lead a team towards high quality decisions when they have differing perspectives and ideas.
Ability to provide business context for engineers as well as highlight technical challenges for non-engineers.
Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment, a team player.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to lead large projects autonomously.
Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity and is empathetic to the needs of individuals across the organization
Enjoy working with a diverse group of people who have strong opinions.
Comfortable not knowing answers, but resourceful and able to resolve issues.
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Strong project management, presentation and public speaking skills.
Self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, asking questions, and adept at shifting priorities]
Strong customer service skills with proven service mentality
Strong in documenting business processes and communicating system requirements
Traits of a successful partnership:
- You have a passionate commitment to people and deep empathy for how supporting individuals leads to a stronger company culture.
- You’re Collaborative – It is expected that you will partner with various departments to ensure organizational needs are met and to develop strategic programs.
- You will serve as an Advocate – In the role, you will solicit and listen to concerns, and take an active role in resolving problems.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or Professional Qualification/Salesforce Certification
- 6+ years of Salesforce developer experience
- 8+ years experience in application development and/or software engineering.
- Proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis with an excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts.
- Advanced working knowledge of Salesforce CRM platform and Salesforce Site Readiness Assessment (SRA) process.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce capabilities, best practices and limitations and the ability to clearly communicate those to key stakeholders
- Proficiency with Salesforce Lightning Design System and Salesforce development lifecycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, Apex, LWC, Java and VisualForce
- Experience with Salesforce Sales, Service and Marketing clouds
- Experience developing customer-facing interfaces, including reports and dashboards, in Salesforce or other systems.
- Strong systems knowledge with the ability to effectively utilize DevOps tools such as Metadata API, GIT,
- Visual Studio Code, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Strong understanding of Product development lifecycles.
- Experience with leading and coordinating cross-functional initiatives, conducting interviews and performing analyses to create business cases for projects.
- Experience performing live training sessions for internal and external stakeholders during system and process implementation.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Additional Salesforce Certifications e.g. Certified Salesforce Administrator, Certified Salesforce Platform App
- Salesforce DevOps experience is highly desirable.
- Salesforce Developer Certifications will be given preference.
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Fictiv is continuing to expand our remote US workforce. Recent hires include professionals located in:
Arizona (AZ), California (CA), District of Columbia, (DC), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Iowa (IA), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Kansas (KS), Massachusetts (MA), Maryland (MD), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), North Carolina (NC), New Hampshire (NH), Nevada (NV), Ohio (OH), Oregon (OR), South Carolina (SC), Texas (TX), Tennessee (TN), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington (WA), West Virginia (WV), Wyoming (WY)
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.