Bitski (11-50 Employees, 443% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Bitski, we’re believers that true digital ownership will have a profound impact on how we use the internet, build communities, and facilitate interoperability across the internet. We’re looking for co-conspirators that want to help us architect an accessible internet economy while collaborating with top creatives, musicians, engineers, designers, brands and more.
NFTs unlock an imaginative, new design space for interacting with digital content. The implications around ownership and programmability are the most exciting technical developments we’ve seen in years.
We’re looking for an experienced lead engineer with grit and vision that want to build the platform that provides tools for brands, creators and and their communities and to transact in the metaverse.
You’ll lead our efforts to maintain security and availability of services that create rich and compelling experiences all over the (meta)world. The main focus of this role is to maintain highly available OpenShift clusters, services, and data stores in our datacenters and cloud environments.
What You’ll Do:
- You will architect, deploy, scale, and secure on-premise and cloud OpenShift installations.
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with the support team to triage and debug technical support requests
What We’re Looking For:
- 5 to 7+ years of experience with Linux system administration (RHEL or CentOS preferred).
- Good scripting ability with Bash, Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Moderate experience with TCP/IP networking.
- Practical experience managing databases or search engines, such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra or ElasticSearch.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices.
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- Experience with virtualization using VMWare ESX, KVM, Xen, or Docker.
- Experience with system management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Knowledge of server hardware and/or experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The metaverse isn’t a single new place – it’s a constellation of existing places where we spend our time online. These places will be brought together through an underlying connective tissue.
We see NFTs as the atomic unit of this connective tissue.
Team & Culture
At Bitski, we constantly strive to create a team environment that allows members to do the best work of their lives while keeping in perspective that we’re all fellow humans just trying to build cool shit. We offer a unique culture that values autonomy, open communication, and creativity. We’re a relatively flat organization, so regardless of seniority, any Bitski team member has real potential to impact the trajectory of the company and overall industry.
Inclusion is paramount to our DNA. Everyone has a seat at the table regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that make up the spice of life. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
We offer competitive salary and stock options, plus full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance). Regardless of gender, our parental leave policy is available to all employees. We encourage a 10-day minimum vacation policy.
✈ Work from Anywhere (within the USA)
The metaverse knows no physical boundaries. At Bitski, we have a hybrid work environment where everyone works remotely except for the occasional IRL off-site. We trust in our fellow teammates to get things done. Pay levels are not determined by geography either.
We’re fortunate to be supported by a brilliant team of investors that support our relentless efforts to evolve the way we interact with digital content.
Ari Emmanuel (Endeavor)
Marcy Venture Partners [Jay-Z, Jay Brown (CEO, Roc Nation)]
Justin Blau (3LAU)
Dylan Field (Figma)
Troy Carter (Co-Founder, Q&A)
Bobby Goodlatte (Form Capital)
Palm Tree Crew (Kygo)
Mikey Krieger (Co-Founder, Instagram)
Trevor McFedries (Creator, Miquela)
Kayvon Beykpour (Twitter)
John Robinson (100 Thieves)
Dan Romero (Former VP, Coinbase)