Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Banking Credit, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals. Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Banking Credit offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Banking Credit has extended more than $9 billion to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
As a software engineer on the Banking Credit Pre-origination Team, you will help us expand access to Credit for US sellers. You will be responsible for designing, building and owning beautiful web applications, sophisticated financial systems, and highly available services. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Help deliver major efforts to expand access to Credit for our US sellers
- Work with engineering, product, and other partners to build software that is clean, well-tested and forward-thinking by leveraging cloud technologies
- Oversee the entirety of your features, including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out
- Work with designers, product managers, data scientists, and other developers to understand our problem space and create elegant solutions
- Mentor junior developers in developing their code and careers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing backend business logic
- A proven track record of executing complex, medium-to-large feature releases that span multiple months
- Passion for working in a customer-focused environment
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.