Proemion (51-200 Employees, 29% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a talented designer (m/f/x) at the earliest possible date with end-to-end product design and visual design experience who masters Figma and has a keen interested on B2B cloud/web applications and software.
This position entails lead responsibility for product design of our Telematics IoT software products for desktop and mobile and it is a mix of management (30%) and hands-on design role (70%). The key areas of focus include:
Leading the UX, UI and Digital design team of 2 designers to ensure our design process is grounded in a deep understanding of user needs, user goals and design choices are in line with best practices.
In this role you will have close collaborations with:
- Product and Customer Care teams to align on vision and key concepts and develop detailed designs in sync.
- Engineering to resolve implementation trade-offs and ensure smooth passage of designs through development and delivery, testing that the delivery reflects design outputs, track progress and manage stakeholders.
With us, you can move things forward. There are short decision-making processes and a lot of creative freedom for you. Proemion stands for internationality and agility. The diversity of the Proemion family ranges from hardware production employees to cloud software engineers. Our corporate culture is characterized by flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
We are a fast-growing international tech company with focus on telematics and with headquarters in Fulda. Outside of Germany, we have offices in the USA and South Korea, as well as numerous colleagues working remotely for us worldwide. Our headcount has more than doubled in the last four years from 70 to over 170 employees. With you, we want to continuously develop the company to the next level.
In return, we offer you
- A fully remote role meaning you can work from anywhere in Europe with reliable broadband internet access
- Remote-friendly culture – no matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- An amazing team with a collaborative and iterative workflow, so you never work in a vacuum
- Intensive Onboarding and targeted individual trainings
- A high degree of creative and decision-making freedom
- No micromanagement
- Flexitime, work-life balance
- Short lines of communication and accessible team leaders
- Additional allowance for gym membership and childcare
- You lead the design concept development for significant new features and components and help maintain and enhance the existing features
- You lead but also have hands-on involvement in production of detailed designs (wireframes, visual designs and prototypes, design system, design system components style guides) and working within a Kanban framework
- You oversee all day-to-day user story delivery and developer handoff to ensure consistency whilst also keeping in mind the future product vision, ensuring all designs keep an eye on reusing patterns rather than reinventing the wheel each time
- You ensure UX thinking design is embedded into all our UI deliveries and make sure design is being thought of up front to help shape and align work
- You ensure design is rooted in a clear definition of the problem or opportunity and where this is not clear, you help clarify goals
- You establish priorities for the design team, support, mentor, and nurture junior designers in everyday activities, also conduct design critiques and workshops
- You manage tasks of a small team of two designers, and champion the evolution of our design tools, systems, and ways of working
- You show the leadership qualities to facilitate cross functional team ideation sessions and oversee low fi concept designs
- You work on continuous improvement of all aspects of the design department making sure things are documented and consistent
- You help to shape the digital work for our website and online campaigns, supervising a junior visual designer
- You ensure that Design System where needed is evolved and nurtured and ensure that there is consistency across all components
- You already have 8+ years relevant experience designing UX and UI
- Demonstrable experience of managing, coaching, and running a design team that combines UX, UI and visual design with other internal and external designers, with modern ways of working and processes within established design systems
- You can display a strong portfolio of product design work, highlighting UX/UI skills and individual strengths
- Excellent mastery of English, as it is our team’s primary language, spoken and written
- You have expert knowledge of Figma (at least 2 years in a professional environment and previous experience with design systems)
- Experience in managing and evolving a design system with Figma, your tool of choice for several years. Familiar with GitHub or similar software to administrate tickets and progress whilst being organized and on top on communication
- You will be an experienced product design leader who has strong conceptual clarity of designing mental models for complex domains with experience working on B2B digital products, platforms and applications.
- You are someone who relishes the opportunity to explore a problem space and have the ability to think around the problem and provide clear validation for suggested solutions without getting too stuck or attached to one idea
- Can work at a macro level to establish direction, whilst also being able to think deeply and come up with solutions at a micro level
- A track record establishing strong relationships with Product, Engineering and delivery management peers, facilitating excellence in collaborative design and delivery
- Reasonable knowledge of digital marketing and advertising industry