Allstate (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Allstate Corporation protects people from life's uncertainties with more than 113 million proprietary policies.
Date Opened: Oct 31, 2021
Location: Remote, Remote, US
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Staff Counsel Support is responsible for managing Insurance Defense and Tort Litigation / Disputes work and related issues/matters.
This position provides administrative support for Staff Counsel Attorneys in an office under general attorney supervision. The role enters and manages data, including pleadings, motions and trial, arbitration and mediation letters; manages calendars and files related to events and details in the case management systems. Confirms related events & activities & monitors and routes internal/external client inquiries, mail, faxes, etc.
- Handle calls and inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Handles confidential information
- Ability to train others on immediate work group functions
- Makes basic decisions within established procedures under supervision
- Enters and manages data, including pleadings, motions and trial, arbitration and mediation letters
- Manages calendars and files related to events and details in the case management systems
- Monitors and maintains compliance with Team Connect (Litigation Management System)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 1-3+ years of experience in a litigation setting or prior insurance defense experience preferred
- Good communications skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and with fellow employees
- Intermediate knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to complete professional, error free documents utilizing good grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda reports, outlines, schedules and client communications
- Knowledge of immediate work group functions and processes
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- This position is a remote/home-based job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.