ycombinator (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Y Combinator is a startup fund and program for entrepreneurs. Since 2005, YC has invested in over 3,000 companies now worth over $400B combined, including Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Reddit, Instacart, DoorDash and Coinbase. YC has built programs that support founders throughout the life of their company, from learning how to start a company, to finding customers, to raising funding and hiring their first employees, to raising a Series A and scaling beyond.
We are looking for Legal Analysts to join YC’s legal team. The roles are particularly well-suited for recent college graduates who are considering law school, and are interested in business law and startups. We are especially interested in meeting candidates who are academically accomplished, team-oriented and self-motivated and who possess excellent organizational skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work side by side with our legal and finance teams on all aspects of our onboarding and diligence process for our portfolio companies.
- Assist legal team in conducting legal due diligence on prospective portfolio companies.
- Gather and organize diligence documents.
- Provide assistance with the management of internal records.
- Assist legal team in preparing portfolio company investment documents.
- Assist with the organization and management of various types of transactions, including financings and acquisitions.
- Manage communications with founders and service providers located across the globe.
In this role, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of corporate governance.
- Conduct basic investor-side legal due diligence.
- Work alongside experienced members of our legal team, who will provide guidance and mentorship.
- Gain valuable work experience in the fast-paced, innovative environment of Silicon Valley.
- Interact directly with startup founders in diverse industries (everything from SaaS to biotech to fintech to hardware and beyond).
Currently, this role is 100% remote, meaning you can live and work anywhere within the US.
- Four-year college degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5.
- A minimum two-year commitment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read detailed, complex documents for content and flag relevant issues.
- Ability to leverage computer-based systems to manage workload and increase efficiency.
- Must be collaborative with the ability to accomplish objectives by working independently or in teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and positive demeanor.
- Consistent and dependable work habits and solid work ethic.
Resume, transcript and cover letter required.
This is a full time position. We require our Legal Analysts to be available during normal business hours, Monday through to Friday. This position does not support immigration sponsorship. A minimum two-year commitment.
- Competitive cash compensation including retention bonuses
- 100% paid medical, vision and dental benefits for employee and family
- Short term, long terms disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- Flexible vacation time based around YC’s program cadence
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of this law.