The Hartford (501+ Employees, 0% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to provide full litigation support. The ideal candidate will join a high-volume, paperless environment that is both dynamic and rewarding. Our collaborative, team-oriented legal support team is passionate about insurance defense. The selected candidate for this position shall work remotely in support of our New York Staff Legal office.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Utilizes appropriate software to timely prepare, e-file and serve (as appropriate) correspondence, briefs, motions, pleadings, discovery, deposition notice and other documents required by the New York courts
- Keeps attorney calendar current based on court notifications and depositions
- Assist attorneys as needed in preparation for trial
- Provides extensive scheduling and calendar activity, including depositions on an as needed basis
- Reviews electronic mail daily
- Maintains our electronic legal files
- Processes invoices for payment
- Offers professional diplomacy during each interaction with clients, opposing counsel, attorneys, teammates, claim partners and court employees
- Assist in overall support of the office as needed which could include case matching, mail handling, filing in an electronic case management system, CD duplication, PDF creation and compilation, file conversion, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant within a paperless insurance defense law office or corporate law department
- Strong working knowledge of the New York court systems and processes
- Subrogation experience is preferred
- Tort experience in personal injury work is strongly preferred
- Trial preparation experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in a high-volume litigation environment with familiarity in document production, discovery preparation, Outlook calendar maintenance and data maintenance for clients
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with case management software
- Strong familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Teams, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to meet productivity targets in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, especially regarding prioritizing work activities for multiple attorneys
- Must be able to manipulate electronic documents such as TIF, PDF and JPG formats
For full-time, occasional, part-time or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Wifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$43,040 – $64,560