Minute Media (201-500 Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Minute Media is a leading media technology brand focused on two main pillars—platform and content. Minute Media’s platform serves as the company’s foundation, powering its content as well as enabling the evolution of other market-leading digital media brands. To date, Minute Media’s owned and operated destinations include The Players’ Tribune, 90min, DBLTAP, Mental Floss, The Big Lead, and FanSided. For more information, check out https://www.minutemedia.com/.
Minute Media is looking for a U.S.-based attorney to join its in-house legal team at the rapidly growing content and technology startup. The primary function of this full-time role is to provide legal support for the company’s labor and employment matters, working closely with Human Resources, other key department personnel and outside counsel via ongoing legal advice and legal transactional support on a wide range of labor and employment issues facing the company.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has strong legal transactional experience in the area of labor and employment, working in-house and/or at a law firm.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft and review a variety of HR-related agreements such as employment agreements, independent contractor agreements and a wide range of other HR legal memoranda.
- Provide advice and counsel to HR, Operations and other key department personnel on a range of day-to-day labor and employment matters.
- Provide frequent input and guidance to HR on office and personnel-related company policies and local, state and federal legal requirements impacting the business.
- Perform legal research and prepare legal memos, executive summaries and other legal memoranda.
What You Have:
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on legal transactional and advisory experience at a leading U.S. labor and employment law firm or in-house role focusing primarily on labor and employment.
- JD from leading law school; license to practice in New York.
- Strong legal writing and other legal transactional skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical abilities, including the ability to convey complex legal principles clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks with sensitive deadlines in a changing environment.
- Team player.
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing company
- Career development opportunities & different skill-based workshops offered each quarter
- Fun company events and celebration with a focus on DEI each quarter
- We highly value team collaboration, empathy and respect towards one another and see this as a key component to delivering the best results
- Employee donation matching program
- Community involvement opportunities, both in-person and remote
- We hire 100% remote talent across the nation with the ability to work from our NYC office if desired
- Free 8 personal coaching & 8 therapy sessions with top-tier providers that are totally confidential
- $950 work-from-home stipend that can be used towards furniture, headphones, wifi, and much more!
- Free swag and gift cards given throughout the year
- Competitive medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k benefits
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.