Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. The team’s mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap & Amazon Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineer II who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume software applications. You will collaborates with our our scientists to deliver machine learning solutions that delight the customers. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Key job responsibilities
• Developing cutting edge software to support development of end-2-end test system for key word spotting and acoustic event detection solutions
• Investigate, design, prototype and evaluate technical solutions.
• Collaborate with scientists to build and deliver innovative solutions efficiently and effectively.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Demonstrate technical excellence through the software development cycle
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or related fields.
• 7+ years industry experience building successful production software systems.
• Experience converting high-level product requirements into successful products through solid software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
• Experience in modern programming languages (Java, Python).
• Experience applying computer science fundamentals in practice.
• Hands-on programming experience.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software, web services or distributed systems for cloud based commercial online services.
• Experience with Amazon AWS platform, cloud products and solutions.
• Experience with designing and developing cloud software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Operational experience and desire to own critical cloud infrastructure.
• Solid software engineer & advanced Java/Python practitioner.
• Excellence in technical communication with scientists and engineers.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical vision.
• Experience with life cycle of machine learning solutions.
• Experience with deep learning techniques, automatic speech recognition or both and how to test them in an end-2-end manner.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.