Wurl (51-200 Employees, 221% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU’s and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Machine Learning Engineer – Remote
Our Machine Learning engineers collaborate with other expert talents to develop highly capable video and NLP applications and products. You will be transforming our data using machine learning and NLP into new capabilities that change the way people are watching TV and how TV commercials are deployed. You will be using the edge of the ML techniques to create solutions that are immediately deployed and change our customers’ experience.
Wurl’s position in the video and ad delivery ecosystem enables understanding the user’s behavior by analyzing the video content they prefer, creating new ways to personalize the video and ads delivery.
We’re looking for a passionate Machine Learning Expert to join our highly capable Machine Learning team, growing our team capabilities and bringing in new capabilities in the NLP domain.
The ideal candidate is experienced with big data, deep learning, ML processes, SQL, Python, Agile processes, NLP techniques. Experience with OTT video, ad insertion processes, JIRA, Confluence, DataDog, Snowflake, Databricks and AWS is advantageous but not mandatory.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to Wurl’s data processing and machine learning initiatives
- Design NLP applications and products in a fast and scalable way
- Identify creative solutions for understanding user content preferences
- Use effective text representation techniques to develop useful features
- Train developed NLP models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Conduct statistical analyses of models, and adjust models where possible
- Extend machine learning frameworks and libraries for NLP projects
- Build data models and advanced predictive mathematical models.
- Research diverse approaches to solving problems using video content
- 5+ years experience with python, other scripting languages.
- Experience in working with long corpus datasets
- Robust understanding of statistics and advanced mathematics.
- Strong relational database (SQL) experience and data modeling.
- Spark/PySpark, Databricks a plus.
- Experience in building ML models using frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn.
- Understanding of professional coding practices, versioning systems, bug tracking, documentation agile processes, etc.
- Experience with SaaS offerings/cloud infrastructure: AWS preferred. Containerization, serverless processes, microservice architectures, etc.
- Big plus: experience with OTT streaming formats (HLS, DASH), SSAI architectures, ad management architectures.
- Using probability, statistics, predictive modeling, machine learning, or other quantitative methodologies to solve real-world TV delivery and advertisement problems.
- Effective communication skills and team player.
- Data pre-processing, visualization and data cleansing experience.
- Location: US remote.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.