Speedway (501+ Employees, 15% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Start Your Story at Speedway!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
- Schedules and prioritizes duties and work assignments on a daily basis
- Completes required reports and paperwork daily to account for the time and use of parts and materials
- Observes and inspects equipment to determine if servicing or further action is required
- Completes preventative and basic maintenance tasks on structures and other equipment, including, but not limited to dispensers, point of sale (POS), computers, security equipment, telephone and data lines, heating and air conditions systems, refrigeration equipment, lighting, signs and pumps as required
- Read, interprets and follows procedures described in service manuals per manufacturer guidelines
- Calibrates pumps, dispensers and other equipment in accordance with legal standards
- Keeps assigned company vehicle(s) in a safe and orderly condition, which includes scheduling maintenance as required, and securing, organizing, and safeguarding company equipment and parts contained in and on the vehicle
- Recommends when an outside contractor is required to handle a maintenance problem
- Assists in the correction of other maintenance problems as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Attends training classes (both in and out of the local area) as required to learn maintenance procedures for specific equipment
- Helps ensure compliance with Federal, State and local law and Company guidelines by completing required trainings, as well as obtaining required certifications
- Maintains state specific Class “B” Underground Storage Tank (UST) System Operator Certification for all assigned stores in order to maintain, inspect, test and certify UST and Dispensing systems in compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local Laws and regulations
- Provides equipment/system training and instruction to Company personnel to insure the safe and proper operation
- Tests tanks/lines and assists in investigating suspected UST system failures as required by environmental guidelines
- Works on outside equipment, in a safe manner, as required regardless of weather conditions
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completes and maintains required state specific competency training and testing necessary to obtain and maintain Class “B” UST System Operator Certification
- Experience performing maintenance related tasks
- Experience with pumps and dispensers preferred
- Experience in a skill trade area preferred (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues
- Ability to conduct and complete Company business in a professional and ethical manner
- Ability to lift equipment and access covers weighing in excess of 125 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders to roofs, ceilings, and signs and descend into access pits up to 6 feet deep
- Ability to crawl in access areas and under counters and dispensers
- Ability to assemble and disassemble large and small mechanical, plumbing, and electrical parts, assemblies, and components
- Ability to operate hand and power tools and special equipment to complete work assignments
- Ability to perform repeated bending, standing and reaching
- Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on an on-call emergency basis, in addition to a normal work schedule
- Must have a valid Driver’s License from the state in which the employee resides and class required for the type of vehicle(s) driven
- Complies with all applicable state and federal DOT rules and regulations concerning the operation of assigned motor vehicle(s), including keeping and maintaining driver’s logs
- Must be able to use and operate special tools and equipment in the manner it was designed and intended for during repairs
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change the duties and responsibilities of this job to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Speedway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
In Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws, we offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process. If you are unable to complete the application process due to a disability, please contact 1-888-225-5735, option 4.