The Global Public Affairs Manager develops and implements the global public affairs strategy on behalf of the corporation through bold and creative advocacy and engagement.
The successful candidate will lead a team responsible for advancing and executing a corporate-wide public affairs strategy to elevate our global policy objectives among targeted audiences, enhance and defend our company’s reputation, and strengthen visibility and management of issues that cross borders. The team utilizes global research and data intelligence to shape public affairs advocacy, messaging, strategies and tactics. Content is created to be shared in both earned and owned communications channels, including https://www.fedex.com/en-us/about/policy.html, social and traditional media.
The role requires a constant collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Work closely with and support the FedEx Government and Regulatory Affairs organization. The role also requires close collaboration with all FedEx Operating Companies and regions, Legal, the Global Communications teams and other internal teams
Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or communications or related field. Five (5) years directly related experience in developing internal and/or external communications. Experience in analysis, creative concepts, measurement tasks, development tasks, writing, editing, directing, producing and scheduling. Strong basic management, human relations and communications skills. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements. A related Master’s Degree equals two years experience.
Skills/Experience/Abilities Considered a Plus:
· Commitment to continuous improvement while managing priorities in the short and long term
· Experience collaborating with various functions across legal, communications and marketing, and FedEx Operating Companies
· Understanding of the regional public policy and media landscape
· Proven ability to work with media and opinion leaders
· Ability to communicate complex business ideas, strategies and results succinctly and persuasively
· Proven experience effectively advising with top-level executives and outside thought leaders
· Demonstrated ability to study complex data and broad business strategy and convert into practical, creative and effective communications strategies and plans
· Ability to deliver a consistent FedEx message on policy issues regardless of spokesperson or time zone
· Proven experience in leading groups, outside of your own team, to collectively plan and effectively execute a program or project
· Proven ability to produce high quality work, especially in communication materials (emails, presentations, guides, etc.)
· Strong problem solving, organization, communication and time management skills
· Extremely well read and conversant on current topics and trends pertaining to regulatory and public affairs
· Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
This position can be domiciled anywhere in the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.
Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00pm CST) on the date below. If the date below is blank, there is no specified closing date for this requisition.
Colorado Residents Only – Compensation: Monthly Salary $6551.76 – $9874.75
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Employee Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401K with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales incentive compensation for selling roles.
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth’s most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 570,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2021
- Forbes “Best Employers for Diversity” – 2021
- LinkedIn “Top 100 Companies” – 2021
- TIME “100 Most Influential Companies” – 2021
- World HRD Congress “Best Gender Equality Workplace” – 2021
- InsiderPro ComputerWorld “Best Places to Work for IT” – 2021
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, FedEx Services is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact [email protected]