Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
As the Manager, Data Science, you will be responsible for using your expertise in advanced analytics and predictive modeling to guide your team to solve business challenges and enable our organization to make data driven decisions. You will be responsible for managing Data Scientists and for leveraging your domain knowledge in combination with math and statistical knowledge to conduct analyses, build models, and synthesize results across various data sources which will be shared with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and shipment of data science products for various business units
- Build and lead a team of data scientists through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Apply business judgement to identify opportunities and develop data science strategies
- Manage timely delivery of technical data science solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile data science product development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Develop healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values
- Work collaboratively and effectively with engineering and business partners to build algorithms and models for demand and supply forecasting
- Influence, collaborate, and communicate effectively with other business leaders
- Communicate scientific solution and insights effectively to a non-scientific audience
- Develop mechanisms to audit the products quality and develop best practices
- A highly talented technical leader with 5+ years of hands-on experience as a scientist or science manager in building quantitative solutions.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of Machine Learning, Data Science and/or Engineering professionals
- The candidate should have good communication skills and, good management and leadership experience in applying quantitative solutions.
- Have the ability to explain analytical concepts to senior leadership and to non-technical audience is a must.
- 7+ years of experience building and applying Machine Learning and analytic applications.
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker Environment preferred
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work! We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that’s transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.