Articulate (201-500 Employees, 37% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Articulate develops e-learning software, content, and community that’s changing the way the world learns.
The Manager, Engineering and Operations Projects reports to our Sr. Director of Strategic Projects.
The Manager, Engineering & Operations Projects will be a player coach who leads a team of project managers who drive and ensure delivery of projects in partnership with engineering and operations teams. As a project manager, they’ll work with operations and engineering teams to execute projects focused on business systems and product development.
As a team manager, they provide leadership, support, and hands-on coaching for project managers supporting the operations and engineering teams. They facilitate onboarding, career development, and team collaboration to ensure every project manager is set up for success.
The Manager, Engineering & Operations Projects has a deep understanding of how cross-functional project teams work. They’ll have experience with technical project management, having supported operations teams, engineering crews, and/or product leads in shipping new and enhanced business systems, processes, and product features.
They’ll develop expertise in how teams at Articulate interact, so that they can evaluate requirements and cross-team collaboration needs, identify risk areas, and foresee obstacles—and coach their teams in doing the same.
The Manager, Engineering & Operations Projects also engages in strategic planning for the project management team, making recommendations on team needs, highlighting resource and staffing growth opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of PMs who partner with operations and engineering teams to drive projects; provide in-depth support to PMs to work through challenges
- Help individual project managers identify career plans and development opportunities; coach them in areas of development
- Create a human-centered team environment where people can bring their whole selves to work
- Work with team leadership and individual contributors to tell the story of what’s happening across the organization with project and program tracking
- Drive projects to completion, including working with stakeholders to define scope and requirements for features, facilitating and tracking progress against development and testing plans, and keeping stakeholders informed.
- Problem-solve by working with stakeholders to adjust scope or timeline when necessary.
- In addition to your primary project management roles, you’ll join all Articulate team members in building an inclusive, human-centered culture by participating in culture-focused project teams
What you should have:
- 5-8+ years of hands-on experience in project management, preferably with experience in SaaS environments
- 2+ years experience in people management
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on operational and product strategies to start making an impact
- Strong management skills; demonstrated ability to coach individual contributors to success in executing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meeting facilitation abilities
- Facility with data interpretation to drive decision making
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to show up as a thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 106,000 customers in 161 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.