Manager of Business Analytics & Data Science – Remote Within the US or In Office (UT, PA, CA)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Advancing an analytics organization whose mission is to deliver actionable insights and advanced modeling solutions for customer journey funnel
- Being a key part of the data decisioning team working closely with sales, business development, marketing, product and decision management teams, to achieve our growth target goals.
- Taking over the responsibility for the existing targeting model infrastructure, assess long term and short term opportunities and develop a roadmap to achieve our goals. The role will solve business problems by applying analytical insights and behavioral understanding to critical issues.
- Leading the creation and implementation of new reporting methodologies and deep analysis across different disciplines working with a variety of stakeholders
- Helping the development of a framework for targeting various financing offer to desired customer segments
- Addressing ad-hoc day to day team and project needs as they arise
- Partnering with business leaders to support the analytics needs of different teams
- Problem-solving with product and business teams, advise executive team how to leverage data science across the company
- Setting the vision, road map, and priorities for product analytics and data science at Nav, enabling us to provide the best financial solutions for our customers.
- Assisting in building a sophisticated product analytics function that can tackle the next stage of challenges facing Nav. This includes constructing the architecture, integrating multiple systems and data sources to build large and complex data sets to make them usable for analytics studies.
- Developing core metrics and dashboards to ensure our business leadership have easy access to the right information when monitoring organizational health and making product decisions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You have deep technical subject matter expertise on cutting edge modeling techniques along with practical experience in successfully deploying customer targeting models in a lending and/or credit card marketing environment.
- You are a great storyteller with data and are able to influence senior stakeholders with insights and recommendations
- You are analytically rigorous, yet equally comfortable with advanced analytics and strategy
- You are an inclusive thinker, good listener, who will seek other point of views in making decisions
- You are adaptable to changing business needs, priorities and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Solid project management skills and experience in overseeing multiple projects at a time
- Experience developing strategic analytics capabilities the drive critical business decisions
- Knowledge and experience implementing decision science capabilities across matrixed environments
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, initiate action plans, manage change, make high impact decisions and complete challenging assignments
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex analysis and insights into relevant business discussions with diverse groups of leaders and organizations
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic plan within a business and lead it to completion
- You have relevant experience building and managing high performing analytical teams
- You have a demonstrated passion for data innovation and a clear vision for how we can use analytics to drive meaningful impact towards business priorities.
- High integrity and discretion. People/customer data is some of our most sensitive data and we expect employees with access to this to act with utmost professionalism.
- Expert-level skills in tools (e.g.: R, Python, SQL), statistical methods, “big data” technologies (e.g.: Redshift, Spark, Hive, BigQuery), and applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards employee-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You can balance frugality with creativity.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You are curious and try new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute again.
- You have a high level of comfort using data-driven to make decisions.
- You have great organization skills and the ability to manage heavy workloads with multiple tasks.
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen – you find the intersections between business & talent strategy