Clover Health (501+ Employees, 63% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Accounting team at Clover is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health, its departments and business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system and supports Company goals and initiatives by being service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while assuring that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance
We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our accounting team as a Manager, Procure to Pay. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the full life cycle of the vendor invoice process, fostering and maintaining business communications and ensuring timely and accurate payments. You will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting functions.
As a Procure to Pay Manager, you will:
- Perform full cycle accounts payable processes in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Process complex vendor invoices and agree to appropriate supporting documentation, verify and match vendor invoices to purchase orders and obtain proper payment approval.
- Ensure invoices are recorded to the proper accounting periods in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices and other vendor communication are properly addressed.
- Generate weekly AP aging reports and obtain approval from senior management to process payments.
- Monitor and review purchase requisitions and convert the approved requisitions to purchase orders.
- Generate the open purchase order list on a weekly basis and distribute to designated approvers.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies. Prepare, analyze and reconcile vendor aging reports.
- Manage the team; initiate and lead the process improvements for procurement function; provide support to other strategic projects.
- Provide regular updates to the manager on the monthly closing process and other procurement projects.
- Ability to resolve and escalate complex issues.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Be responsible for special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades and/or implementations.
You will love this job if:
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are driven to learn, you may not have worked in healthcare before but you are curious and willing to do what it takes to get caught up to speed and make an immediate impact.
- You are a team player, resourceful and can cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- You are a self-starter who isn’t afraid of a messy situation and views every obstacle as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience with a focus on A/P and vendor management; required.
- You have experience working with financial management software, such as Bill.Com, Sage Intacct; preferred
- You have knowledge working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.