Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As Manager, Product Analytics at Community, you’ll be empowering the Product organization through critical insights derived from data analysis. We are seeking a talented and motivated leader to accelerate our efforts to advance Community’s product quality by identifying and collaborating with product teams to implement opportunities that improve the quality and end-to-end experiences of existing and future products.
As a member of the Data Analysis & Business Intelligence team, you’ll leverage deep analytics expertise, understanding of the product health and the user experience to ensure we launch high quality and reliable products, features and services to the market. You will partner with Finance and Business Operations to help evaluate the effectiveness of products and services we develop and bring to market, and their P&L impact, with respect to the resources spent.
What You’ll Do
- Explore and analyze user experience and product performance data, develop goals and tracking metrics, and ensure product priorities are data-driven and accommodate short/long-term goals.
- Apply quantitative analysis and data-mining skills to develop deep analytical insights around product usability, correctness and the end-to-end experience across a variety of data sets and platforms.
- Partner with P&E, Marketing, Finance and Business Operations to identify opportunities for improving our product experience based on user feedback and help quantify the impact of qualitative insights.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to design and develop experiments to test hypotheses, iterate and implement changes in our product that positively impact the leader’s experience.
- Instill a focus on quality in the product culture by creating objective data driven stories that influence and convince product teams to prioritize quality projects.
- Create dashboards to track the adoption, validation and the long-term success of new features.
- Collaborate with data engineering to ensure and improve data availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability.
- Promote data literacy and ensure a high integrity of analysis across departments. Define key metrics and drive consistency of KPIs and data processes across the organization.
- Become fluent in the data around Community’s products and services and develop a well-rounded knowledge of our ecosystem as a whole.
What You’ll Bring
A successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Degree in business administration, economics, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or other quantitative field.
- 6+ years of experience as a data analyst; 2+ years in working with Product & Engineering teams
- Start-up experience is a must; SaaS experience preferred.
- Fluent in Excel and SQL as applied to data science and analytics. Experience w/ R or Python is a bonus.
- 4+ years of experience in Looker, Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Experience in modeling and transforming data sets in a data warehouse (DBT).
- Knowledge of statistics (experimental design, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing).
- Analytical experience, with experience building product intuition, solving problems using data and providing business insights.
- Deep knowledge of data models, data governance, experimental design and execution.
- Ability to tell strong, compelling stories about data to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience constructing interpersonal relationships across teams, communicating technical content and analytical insights to multiple audiences.
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.