Salesloft (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At Salesloft, our QA Manager role is pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Engineering team. You will partner with the other QA Managers and Engineering Managers in the company to lead and drive continuous process improvements and innovation as well as establish trust across the org with Product Managers, Support, Technical Operations, and peer engineering teams.
As a QA Manager, you will help QA engineers to develop their career plans and assign project work tailored to their skill set. In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to manage and define processes and metrics for a team that supports impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a manager who exemplifies our core values and believes in servant leadership. We empower team members to do their best while holding them to a higher standard of growth, accomplishment, and results. We are looking for someone to bring industry standards and best practices to a QA engineering team in order to increase their efficiency and engagement, ultimately increasing our customers’ satisfaction.
On a day-to-day basis, you will help provide technical direction, mentoring, and coaching to your direct reports. You’ll be developing and monitoring metrics to measure the quality that we are delivering to our customers.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more than previously possible… If you’re passionate about innovation, growth and serving customers and thrive in a fast-paced, developmental environment, then becoming our next QA Manager is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s QA Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming QA engineers who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The entire engineering team consists of people passionate about solving the customer’s problems and who is unflappable in the face of technical challenges. They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 2+ years of people management experience, preferably experience managing an automation engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in the quality assurance field
- Previous experience with agile software development
- Experience establishing strategic relationships quickly
- Adept at understanding the root cause of customer requests and pinpointing the correct way to solve the problem
- Collaborative mentality
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Attend an Engineering Department orientation
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan
- Begin 1:1’s with your team members and understand their career goals
- Meet key players in departments that work directly with the quality assurance team
- Have an introduction to SalesLoft’s hiring strategy and pair with your manager through the hiring process of QA engineers
- Start attending QA team and leadership meetings
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Work with QA Leadership to Identify metrics to measure the QA team against and report on them weekly
- Be able to help your direct reports start to achieve their career plans, providing input and guidance
- Operate independently on hiring to staff the QA team and facilitate fair and equitable candidate reviews – including offline exercises and interview questions
- Represent the QA team and find your voice among the greater Engineering Management team
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be contributing at 100%, acting as a voice for Quality to the company – monitoring questions and discussions in slack channels
- Have developed relationships with the Product Development and Support teams to help them achieve their goals.
- Provide suggestions for process improvements
- Revamp QA onboarding to make it more valuable
- Provide and monitor backlog of QA projects and work
- Field one-off requests for QA work and push back / accept as needed
- Introduce community outreach or other recruiting ideas to get us the best candidates for the QA engineer role
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of various cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft embraces diversity and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.